Sign in to follow this  
kingdingeling

Boot Problem

I just rebooted for the first time in like 2 weeks on my main rig (has been folding away nicely at 3306MHz), and it wouldn't reboot. So I thought what's going on, reset the BIOS quickly (easy ;) The Blood Iron has a CMOS reset switch where the USB headers are ;)), done that, and it boots. I go into the BIOS, dial in 400x8 @ 1.35Vcore (too much, just to be sure), wouldn't boot.... I was a little pissed off at this stage, reset again, go back into the BIOS, the only thing I adjust is HDD S.M.A.R.T on, and AGAIN, no boot!

The only time it boots is when I don't enter the BIOS. If I go restart from Windows, it won't reboot, it will just hang there with a blank screen and fans spinning. This is where I am really pissed off!

Back in the day with the 939 DFI boards, I remember things about cold boot issues etc, because the boards were drawing too much power from the 5V line or something like that, could this be related? I would hope not, because that would mean my PSU is kinna failing, as it has booted this rig a couple of times already during the first overclocking session :unsure: Has anyone else experienced something like this on this board, or on other boards? Or does anyone know what this traces back to exactly? PSU or mainboard? Something else? :huh:

Every so often I have a problem with my DFI motherboard getting confused when it boots up and freezing half way through, but I haven't had that problem inparticular. Have you tred removing the battery, although that doesn't have much on a board with a CMOS reset switch, worth a shoot if you ask me. Just curious will it boot if you enter bios and then exit without saving changes?

EDIT - My Motherboard:DFI LanParty SLI-DR

Edited by CrackHead

Another dude on DFIclub.org has the same problem, I'm gonna try flashing to an earlier BIOS and see if that fixes it