New build; opinions please?

ag3nt

You can't always keep waiting for the newest technology, but buying now would have been like buying an A64 two weeks before the Core2 was released. Despite what some people seem to think, there are times when it makes sense to wait. ;)

I'm with Bleeble on this one, with new GFX cards due in 1.5 months, I would definetly wait!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Bleeble on this one, with new GFX cards due in 1.5 months, I would definetly wait!

Yeah, but you don't want to buy in 1.5 months, because 1.5 months after that better stuff comes out! So just wait!

I got an idea, why don't you wait forever, because the paradox is always there. The longer you wait, the marginally better youll get.

Ridiculous.

A 6750 or similar processor is virtually the same speed clock for clock as a new 45 NM process one so why wait? Makes no sense.

I got an idea. Get an X38 MB, and every time a faster 45 NM chip comes out, buy it and upgrade! lol.

same thing with the video card!

We got some geniuses on here, thats for sure. Wait. lol Yeah wait. Pay top dollar for the new stuff thats not even barely faster. Brilliant.

I will have fun playing all my games over the vacation, while you guys waiting sit there eat ruffles potatoe chips and get fat watching reruns on TV.

haha.

LAAkuma

I will have fun playing all my games over the vacation, while you guys waiting sit there eat ruffles potatoe chips and get fat watching reruns on TV.

I take offense to that, if I'm gonna get fat over potato chips, they are going to be bar-b-q. Unless of course I have dip, then its ruffles all the way. :P

Yeah, but you don't want to buy in 1.5 months, because 1.5 months after that better stuff comes out! So just wait!

I got an idea, why don't you wait forever, because the paradox is always there. The longer you wait, the marginally better youll get.

Ridiculous.

No, YOU are ridiculous. New video cards don't come out every 6 weeks and neither do CPUs. <_< The 8800GTX was released in November 2006. The last real new CPU release was the Conroe core in July 2006. So why don't you show me a timeline with new products release every 6 weeks.

We got some geniuses on here, thats for sure. Wait. lol Yeah wait. Pay top dollar for the new stuff thats not even barely faster. Brilliant.

haha.

LAAkuma

What the hell are you talking about? :huh: Not a single one of the regular members here buys every new card or CPU that comes out. A lot of people are still running A64 rigs and many just recently moved to Intel. And what does this have to do with watching TV? Does being ignorant somehow mean you spend more time playing games than other people? Or maybe it's because most of the people here have jobs or go to college/uni and they're not spoiled little 13-year-old brats living with their parents...

If you really think that all Penryn is is a die shrink with higher price tags, you really are ignorant. Penryn boasts lower power consumption, lower temperatures, higher performance, and likely lower prices at the same speed as current CPUs. All of that adds up to more bang for your buck and higher overclockability.

Stop acting like a little kid. If you don't mature quickly, I guarantee it won't take long for you to get banned.

Edited by Bleeble

Bottom line.

You don't build, you don't play. You wait. You failed to address that fact, and just rambled on about speculation. If you want to argue that youll get 5-10 FPS faster by waiting a month, or 2 months then do it. Because thats your argument. You have 2 basic arguments.

#1 you can overclock the 45 higher so wait.

#2 you can get more fps in games if you wait.

But the real story is, at the resolutions your going to play it at, if you wait, your going to get MAYBE 5-10 FPS faster, because as you know, the games at high res are not bound by CPU, but rather by GPU. Right now a SLI 8800GT for $500 or an Xfire 3870 for $450 are really good and will be really good for a while. IN feb the high end comes out that will be $500+. Will it be as good as 2 8800GT in SLI? I highly doubt it.

Stick to the arguments. I didnt personally insult you, you insulted me. The getting fat and tv was a joke. Not an insult. People that have no facts and weak positions start insulting with WTH and all that bs you just posted. They always avoid the issues.

LAAkuma

He has the money, he wants a system, there is absolutely no problem in getting his system now...Once he bypassed the posts declaring that he wait, you should have dropped it by now. Just because YOU might wait for CPUs and GPUs, doesn't mean you have to keep ragging on HIM for not waiting. Cool it Bleeble, throwing punches doesn't help anyone.

Anyways, in response to your system, I'd say go with the Q6600 with the g0 stepping. I'd also get the Logitech diNovo, it's wireless and rechargeable. One charge lasts for about three months!!! Besides those two things, I'd say your system is awesome and should do really well!

He has the money, he wants a system, there is absolutely no problem in getting his system now...Once he bypassed the posts declaring that he wait, you should have dropped it by now. Just because YOU might wait for CPUs and GPUs, doesn't mean you have to keep ragging on HIM for not waiting. Cool it Bleeble, throwing punches doesn't help anyone.

LAAkuma isn't the OP. :thumbs-up:

The way I look at it is, the new CPU's are coming out in 1 month so I might as well wait for those.

;)

Edited by Bleeble

Damn, good points on both sides. Basically, I've got 3 choices right now:

1. Buy everything now. Q6600 + 8800GT. Use EVGA's step up program if/when the new 9 series comes out. I'll have to pay the difference + shipping both ways.

2. Buy nothing now. Wait until February to pick up everything at once.

3. Buy most things now. Pick up the 8800GT but throw in the cheapest LGA775 Celeron processor for ~$38. Then pick up a Penryn when they come out in January. I'll have to pay $38 + cost of the Penryn, and also EVGA's step up costs. :P

Makaveli: Oooh, the Logitech diNovo rechargeable keyboard looks sexy. At >$150, it's a bit out of my price range right now. Although, maybe by February it'll have dropped in price a bit.

Damn, so many things to consider. I like option 2, except for the fact that I've gotta wait another 2 months. :lol:

Edited by ag3nt