how is this overclock

woppy101

how is this overclock i can get higher but my ram is holding me back i will be geting some 1066Mhz stuff soon

Looks good, thats the bad thing about the cpus with the lower multi's, you need good RAM to OC. You might try loosening the timings...

how much would you say at the min they are running a 5,5,5,15 i dont think i can loosen them any more

on a diffrent note this chip is great i have not seen the temp above 40c once i get my ram im going to go for 500fsb do u think i will get it on this board

how much would you say at the min they are running a 5,5,5,15 i dont think i can loosen them any more

on a diffrent note this chip is great i have not seen the temp above 40c once i get my ram im going to go for 500fsb do u think i will get it on this board

I am not sure, you will just have to try it. I think I had my P35 DQ6 to 520 x 9...

• 2 weeks later...
2.2v im not sure how much more would be safe to put through them

I have a similar setup to yours, with the Crucial 1066 ram. Watercooled.

3600.jpg

I messed with it some more, and I got the ram timings to 555 12 now at 2.2 volts

All I needed was CPU voltage.

Everything else is on auto.

With the 8x multiplier I dont think 500 is possible unless you turn ALL the voltages WAY up. And I am looking for long term reliability. I benched the near 4 GHZ clock vs the 3.6 clock and it was the same framerate exactly, so there was no point. Its all GPU power after a certain point I would say.

I run at 35-37 C at full load at 3.6 GHZ though, so I think my water block homemade pet store cooling system is pretty good. When I clocked the thing real high, and put the CPU volts at 1.65, I was getting under 50C at full load still.

I also have the waterblock exhaust line going straight to the Northbridge directly, and the warmer water doesn't seem to affect the northbridge temps at all really, it just stays around low 30's C no matter if I single it out, or loop it directly off the CPU block.

I am a noob overclocker, so I am just over here messing with it trying to learn all I can. So far, I learned that CPU voltage is the #1 thing that affects stability and really all that is needed to achieve 3.4+ GHZ on most E6xxx series Dual cores.

I hope I helped.

LAAkuma

@ Laakuma, you don't need to put the voltage way up to run 500MHz! I can run these A-Data el-cheapo RAM sticks I have at 4-5-5-12 @ 500MHz with 2.2V's, only giving the NB just a slight little more voltage. I was RAM testing here, so the CPU was 500x5 I think. Don't have a screenshot, but you should have a look at the thread I made in the RAM section about the A-Data Value sticks :)