Bosco

Post Your Workstation!

Reposted from another thread, but relevant.

Okay, Image number one:

audio4tj6.jpg

You can see my Tannoy M3 floor standers. These are on custom made speaker stands, as the floor isn't amazingly even and the tweeters sound a little better at ear level.

Obviously, you can spot my new TV. A 36" CRT Philips Matchline. Dolby Surround Pro Logic and 100Hz (hence there being a reasonably clear TV image and not torn on refresh). Weighs a wopping 80KG!

Towards the rear-right, you can see my spare computer with something on top.

Image two:

audio3bs4.jpg

Cabinet open. On top is my Nintendo Wii (the sensor bar on top of the TV gives that away!).

Bottom shelf is my Yamaha AX-300 amplifier with a Philips Digital Freeview box perched on top of it. The Freeview box is super tiny (its like a free cable box to anyone in the US who doesn't know what Freeview is).

Image three:

audio2uz1.jpg

The comfy chair. Wearing out - it's 4 years old! Bottom-right is my main C2D rig in the Lian Li PC60 case.

Middle-ish is my 22" LG screen. Poking out above the speaker are my Wii games on a shelf.

Image four:

audio1iq3.jpg

The spare P4 machine. Currently a file dump until 1TB drives are

Okay, Image number one:

audio4tj6.jpg

At first, I thought you'd hooked up a cunning "before" picture of your room on the TV... but image number two is ... asparagus :lol:

Looks too tidy for me... do you have a sofa facing the TV then?

I have more than one workstation, being a farmer and all. :P

Primary Workstation:

Most of my graphics apps are on here, I use this for website work. Unfortunately my "other user" thinks it is her primary workstation also. <_<

primary.jpg

Backup Workstation:

This is where I go when my "other user" has important work to do at the Primary Workstation. (Freecell, Solitaire, and Hearts, mostly.) :rolleyes:

I use this for music, and if someone brings me a computer to fix, I do it here. It is right next to the kitchen so I can load an OS or scan a hard drive while I'm cooking bacon and brewing coffee. Sweet. :D

backup.jpg

Escape Workstation:

This is where I go when the "you need to...'s" and "I really wish you would...'s" get too numerous, or if drama in general is at an unacceptable level. A good place to play with the old parts my IT guy/gamer cousin gives me. It helps to have a vacant upstairs apartment and a bunch of free components for this class of workstation. ;)

escape.jpg

TEOTWAWKI Workstation:

'Nuf said... <_<

teotwawki.jpg

Edited by Phil

Phil: That is a SWEET clean setup! :)
AGREED

14729142rc3.jpg Why the name change?

Edited by Andrewr05

Phil: That is a SWEET clean setup! :)

Silver: Is that underwear on your bed?

AGREED

14729142rc3.jpg Why the name change?

Seconded and also seconded.

The first pic was taken when the room was remodeled, it's much messier now. :P The "escape" workstation hasn't had time to collect junk but believe me it will. :D

I'm also wondering about the name change, BTW... :unsure:

Edited by Phil

bit messy and i aint took pic of my tv couldnt be bothered, i got a sony bravia 26"lcd hooked up via component atm

also i moved my pc nearer to av and ready for putting desk up (ahh lots to do this weekend)

picture016io5.jpg