Bosco

Post Your Workstation!

Nice and clean, wish I had that few wires in my comp and I wish my desk was that tidy =P

604316[/snapback]

yeah i do too... compare that to mine...

good job on the clean, most of us can't aspire to do that :D:D

Don't be ashamed of your Bawls collection, I used to do that until I had to move out and my mom made me throw them all out.

What you should do is fill them up with a mix of different shades of highlighter fluid and water. Then stick a UV or black light behind or near it. Then marvel your creation!!

604205[/snapback]

hehe im not ashamed, thats why they are still there. my mom always tell me to throw them out, but i never do. i am going to make a nightlight out of one soon, i will fill it with UV blue fluid and put a catchde or something in :)

AHEM... those are  MY socks, and MY foot.... lol i took the pic (most of them)

might inspire me into taking a pic of my loaded up and ugly little desk...

Ady's is so neat and tidy its almost weird....

604210[/snapback]

lol yeah he took all the pics that arent blury, i dont know how to use his cam well.

yeah i do too... compare that to mine...

good job on the clean, most of us can't aspire to do that :D  :D

604317[/snapback]

I've got even more wires than that :blink:

3 Comps within a small space isn't exactly good :huh:

ok, so i've moved into my new place and got the essential set up, but then i had to go back to work, so i've not had a chance to finish sorting out all the random bits n bobs, and so YES it's a mess, and NO i don't care lol (i'm gonna sort it out on me days off cos i just can't be arsed after work)

anyway, so here is a pseudo-panoramic shot from my double bed which is located as near to the central axis of the room (opposite my main computer desk with speakers as near to "centralised" as possible, ie. the halfway point between the speakers is within a few inches of the actual central axis, yeah i measured it haha)

"Panoramic" view from bed

newsetuppan1ht9.th.jpg newsetuppan2jp4.th.jpg newsetuppan3ue9.th.jpg newsetuppan4rp5.th.jpg

so i have one pc set up next to my Yamaha CS1x control synth, it's in a rackmount case underneath the Technics separates stack... then you can see another computer in the corner, that's slowly being transformed into a htpc/media-server... next to that computer are my beloved Technics SL1200-MkII turntables and Vestax VMC-002 mixer...

moving around you see my main computer desk with (STILL) work-in-progress computer case, 22" monitor, and a load of crap all over my desk :lol:

then the last pic, anyone who works with me can see the (almost comedy) home-made air conditioner i made :lol: worked tho! ice powered cooling with pond pump and Nissan Micra car radiator and some 99p fans! :D

a closer look at the music workstation:

newsetupmusicworkstationhj1.th.jpg newsetupmusicpciobe3.th.jpg

that pc has an SB Live 5.1 Platinum card running the kX drivers to make it a 8 in / 8 out, high-quality multitrack recorder with near-zero latency ASIO drivers :)

(if you're not a digital musician, basically it means the soundcard has been transformed through custom drivers into a fully-fledged programmable music production card... i just can't explain how ace it is that this is possible!)

the SB Live! 5.1 Platinum card has the LiveDrive front i/o bay which i'm actually using! hehe... the cables on the left are the audio phono cables from my synth... using Aux2 on the front i/o gives you better quality recordings because the whole front i/o bay has better quality Analogue-to-Digital (ADC) converters :) none of that nasty AC97 crap!

the cables on the right are the MIDI cables to my control synth so i can play out all the basslines, rhythms, beats etc, and then also get my computer to play my synth via a sequencer (Cubase SX 3)

Music PC / Technics stack

newsetupmusicpctechnicshz8.th.jpg newsetuptechnicscablingjc2.th.jpg

right then, finally, here's the music pc and my Technics audio separates and the cabling behind (mostly for the benefit of me workmate Jon who'll probably pop a semi :lol:)

Edited by hardnrg

Looks at hardnrg's messy room

finds:

Water Cooling A/C project

Old rackmount project

Coverless Chemming mod w/o no big burning man logo

A Tsunami Case

Huge 1ton monitors

:lol:

rofl Hardnrg.... you are a slob, though your stereo is mildly impressive what is the power consumtion/output of that sucker? and what kind of speakers are you using, they look like of school Paradigms.... When i get my Camers back i will take some more pics (and some of my Audio setup :))

Here is the desk as of about 3 weeks ago, like i said one the camera is back i will take an updated pic as there has been a couple majot changes ;)

post-12900-1161891075_thumb.jpg

Guest Fried_fry

Nice HardNRG that looks simmilar to my room like a week ago lol!

Heres some pics i took today cuz i was board:

p0002242jq4.th.jpg p0002243wq4.th.jpg

Edited by Fried_fry

This be my workstation. Its not clean, but I dont consider it to be a hardcore messy either (hardcore as in NRG). The my desk is by far the messiest thing in my room.

workspaceyf7.gif

Edited by BlitzBomb

All of your clean rooms put mine to shame! These are the same cept my 17 inch CRT is gone from my other desk for a few days. But at least nrg and I are in the same boat!

Oh yeah I know its a mess, no I don't care!

Edit, nrg we have the same camera! w00t!

post-17407-1161912463_thumb.jpg

post-17407-1161912503_thumb.jpg

post-17407-1161912548_thumb.jpg

post-17407-1161912579.jpg

Edited by hndgns4hrts

All of your clean rooms put mine to shame! These are the same cept my 17 inch CRT is gone from my other desk for a few days. But at least nrg and I are in the same boat!

Oh yeah I know its a mess, no I don't care!

Edit, nrg we have the same camera! w00t!

Nice legos!