hey guys check it out!

philbrown23

looks like I have graduated guys! I have clocked my a64x2 4200+ 939 from (stock) 2.2ghz to (oc) 2.8ghz (well actually 2.797 but real close!). and I haven't even hit 1.4 in my vcore! I just barely had to change it from 1.756 to 1.875! I have some cpu-z pics for proof and a validation link for your viewing pleasure! let me know if there is anything else that could be done to get it higher I'm sure I could get at least 3 out of it! I cannot change my ram timings as I do not have oc'ing ram and every time I try it becomes completely unstable!

post-26607-1195628377_thumb.jpg

post-26607-1195628387_thumb.jpg

Congrats !! :thumbs-up: run some stability tests on it to be sure you are good to go.. ;)

:lol: SEE those ASUS boards overclock, Just with fewer options than say a DFI like hardnrg's 50% OC (which was sweet to see too) :thumbs-up:

But when i built this comp. I didn't even think about OC it. My next rig will be very well planed.

congratulations, and to think, when you first started here, I wondered if your computer would survive this venture. :P seriously though, glad to hear you actually got a real oc, stable I assume.

Stable. prime95 24 hrs 3dmark,aquamark no shutdowns no restarts.

I haven't even hit 1.4 in my vcore! I just barely had to change it from 1.756 to 1.875!

Wait...what?

but isn't your ram running insanely slow?

Eh, DDR320 isn't likely to be bottlenecking it. RAM speed makes a surprisingly small difference.

Wait...what?

Eh, DDR320 isn't likely to be bottlenecking it. RAM speed makes a surprisingly small difference.

What.....what?? yeah I need to find some decent ocing ram just havent decided if I should wait till I make my switch to intel or not.

Congrats !! :thumbs-up: run some stability tests on it to be sure you are good to go.. ;)

:lol: SEE those ASUS boards overclock, Just with fewer options than say a DFI like hardnrg's 50% OC (which was sweet to see too) :thumbs-up:

But when i built this comp. I didn't even think about OC it. My next rig will be very well planed.

I got a 55% oc on a "budget" asus board, and run my 1.8ghz Venus opty at 2.8 24/7. Can bench it at 2.9 too - impressive for the stock speed being 1.8ghz. The settings are there, just need to hunt a bit to find them. It likes to "auto" set bios settings way too aggressive, so you need to manually set proper specs to get a nice oc.

Wait...what?

Its an a64 not a c2d, it depends on the benchmark. On things like superpi and 3d2k1 ram speed makes a HUGE difference. Since it effectively scales with the processor speed anyway though, you have to find a happy medium between ram speed and processor mhz to find the best performance.

Run some stability test to be sure, but with a bit more juice and tweaking the ram you should be able to get more, especially if your temps are low.

you should start posting your oc's in the 939 oc thread... maybe we could have a battle or something hehe

I'm retired!

Maybe with the new build coming I'll dust off the 3Dmark's and do a couple runs ;)