Last Check Before Order

jack_of_java

Another vote for Hitachi.

But, ABIT? I thought Abit was a terrible mobo brand to go with, am I wrong? OP: I don't know, so wait for someone to correct me.

The IP35 Pro is a sweet board :)

I'd avoid the abit and lite on. both are utter forms of dung

gigabyte, dfi or EVGA make better motherboards, and for optical drives the TSST (samsung / toshiba) are hands down the best optical drives on the market

See above :withstupid:

The IP35 Pro is a great mobo! Why don't you read the hundreds, or likely thousands, of reviews online (including one here on OCC) instead of listening to a couple people that are pissed off at a particular brand because they bought a bad product.

and my problem with those "reviews" is they're looking at short term, and a select group of people who BOTHER to speak up. so many "yeah went good for my first build... 3 days after buying it"... what the heck does that tell you? NOTHING. 3 months down the road the thing ceased posting? do we know that from this newegg review? nope. what happened to OCC's review board a few months down the road? if / when it dies do we hear about it? nope.

13+ years of building systems. and not the 1 every 6 months like the average enthusiast. at some points I've probably done in excess or 500 a year EASY. managed tech shops, done the builds, handled customer's whining, handled RMA's, talked with other guys who are in similar situations, and see the big picture. the patterns I get to see are frightening. Abit can build the BEST board ever, but that is FAR from excusing thier other models. when 1 in 6 make it past 90 days of use... I'm not impressed, I'm not risking my rig on it, nor will I suggest other people do so.

with that said I wish you all the luck. may your board be fine. but I won't promise it will be there