I feel like such a noob :(

NCC10281982B

I manually set the fsb in the bios to 335 and the mult to 9. plain old arithmetic tells me my system should be running at 3015 mhz.

I have noticed that my system tries to boot 3 times before success. I'm guessing this is some sort of failsafe default reset. The manual did not say anything about this.

CPUz says 2.4 ghz. I'll have a picture of the M.I.T setting in a sec.

Capture.JPG

S7300461.JPG

I manually set the fsb in the bios to 335 and the mult to 9. plain old arithmetic tells me my system should be running at 3015 mhz.

I have noticed that my system tries to boot 3 times before success. I'm guessing this is some sort of failsafe default reset. The manual did not say anything about this.

CPUz says 2.4 ghz. I'll have a picture of the M.I.T setting in a sec.

That is normal for the boot when you have unstable settings in the bios that will not work it resets to default.

From looking at what you posted it may be the memory divided that you have set to auto, I see the memory is trying to run at over 1000. You may need to set it to 2 which is 1:1 and add some volts to the memory 1.8v is default or auto from gigabyte.

I fixed the divider problem. I set the fsb to 268, which gives me a small oc. the cpu multi changes between 6 and 9. I'll deal with that on the next reboot.

Thanks RR

Yea just disable C1E and EIST and in vista you have to change the performance settings also...

Edit: also the reason my bios looks different is its the F7d beta bios. I need to flash to the F7 final it came out a couple days ago. You can get the newest beta and finals here.

I can't make heads or tails or the memory divider menu. all the values I select do the opposite of what I expect.

The System Memory Multiplier is where you set the divider 2=1.1 ratio. I forget the others 2.4 or 2.5 = 4:5 or 3:2