Cold OCing...

I was just looking at an old thread of mine, and found this pic --> http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=24stunden292do7.jpg

Those were some good times... AMD64 3700+ @ 2.92GHz on my DFI Lanparty SLI-DR Expert with the G.Skill HZ's running 1:1 292MHz for 24h stable! It has inspired me though, as the temps in my attic are like 2

I dont ever turn the heat on in my room in the winter. The fan stays in the window for quite a long time too... Hmm, New England winters should have no problems dropping ambient temps to 0C this winter :P

@ Andrew, I haven't found the thread, do you happen to have a link? :)
Here it is, it originally had pictures but the links have broken since then...

Here is another thread where I made a laptop cooler/base, a lot of people might remember it because i put it together with a hot glue gun and everyone as amazed how much I used... :lol:

Pictures are broken in that one as well, it pas pre-OCC HD failure so a lot of lins from then got lost but the original post didn't...

Edited by Andrewr05

LOL, I love the moral of the story: "factory voltage works just fine" part :lol: :lol:
Yea, the fan worked fricken awesome for about 2 minutes (the most air I've ever felt come out of a 80mm, of course it was whining like a damn siren as well) then just stopped working, it didn't like the 24 extra volts and god knows how many more amps from the unregulated power supply :lol:

once I got my room so cold I had to wear a hat, coat, and gloves lol... one of my housemates screamed at me to close my door because it was "like the bloody Arctic" :lol:

cold air is always good for suicide screenshots:

3200+ Winchester @ 2850, SLK-948u + 92mm Tornado, rig up at the window ledge and it was snowing outside

Exactly what I was thinking of nrg, that's some fun OCing :P

Andrew, way to go on the ghetto cooling side of things :P If you had gotten that to hold, I would have to hand you my "ghetto cooling master" usertitle :lol:

:D it was quite ghetto but more of a redneck n00b mod :lol: