i think i got a problem need some help

kasperking

ok heres the deal. my cpu idles at 32c and the sys at 30. while playing sro(silkroad online) i realized that my cpu was under full load. i let it go for about a hour and checked the temp again and the cpu was at 53c and the sys was at 44c. my system isnt overclocked yet and i dont think i can overclock it with out fixing this problem. also im wondering if i should just build my new system early and forget about this one.

specs

abit kn8 ultra nforce 4 ultra

amd athon 64 3700+ 939p

ati readion x700pro 256mb 128bit

1g cors ddr 400 ram

thanks for reading and if you got any help let me know

ps the side of my case is off and i have 4 fans pushing air out. also the fan and heat sink came with the cpu.

Having the side panel off for the most part disrupts the air flow of the case (not always), it is better to have it on, clean out any dust in your heatsinks, and maybe do some wire management to better the airflow...

keep the processor scrap the rest and start a new build
;)

When did you plan on building a new computer?

If you're waiting to save up money then maybe picking up new heatsink for your current PC will hold you off until then?

Edited by Andrewr05

C4D and 3DSMax can both benefit from multicore systems... if this is what you mainly do, I would highly recommend you look into an X2 cpu and a good heatsink if you don't have much money, or a new rig based on the C2Q, also with a good heatsink...

both the X2 and C2Q will annihilate that 3700+ for rendering