Pentium D and Vista

:withstupid:

Yeah right that's why some with extreme cooling got pentium D's to over 7000mhz and some got fx-60's to just over 3500mhz. Kingpin achieved an aquamark cpu score of 15,029 with his FX-60 at over 3700mhz

that was with super cooling. That at the time was the world record. my presler 950D hit 15,220 on the cpu score and passed his record by. Let me guess you are one of those guys who pray in your closet at night that the amd phenom will take it all back for you and make you whole again. And when they first come out they were over $1000 and I personally would not give you $10 bucks for one when I can get a duo core Celeron for $70 bucks that will bury that outdated P.O.S.

I think we all know who is living in the past.

WZ

• 1 month later...
:withstupid:

Yeah right that's why some with extreme cooling got pentium D's to over 7000mhz and some got fx-60's to just over 3500mhz. Kingpin achieved an aquamark cpu score of 15,029 with his FX-60 at over 3700mhz

that was with super cooling. That at the time was the world record. my presler 950D hit 15,220 on the cpu score and passed his record by. Let me guess you are one of those guys who pray in your closet at night that the amd phenom will take it all back for you and make you whole again. And when they first come out they were over $1000 and I personally would not give you $10 bucks for one when I can get a duo core Celeron for $70 bucks that will bury that outdated P.O.S.

I think we all know who is living in the past.

WZ

hmm the Phenom is about 250-300 right now and is very competive with the Quad Core line from intel, not the extremes mind you, but a really decent quad core system, and lets not forget OctaFX that AMD is bring to us soon. Granted the PentiumD was a good chip, but who honestly besides the most hardcore users overclocks there chips with water and such? I am a user that does mild Ocing, i had an 820 and got it to 3.4ghz stable but thats about it with the cooler i had, my X2 3800 goes to 2.4ghz right now and i can promise it is faster. Lets not forget also taht in the D came out dual threaded apps where few and far between and so most ran just as slow in apps as the P4 did while the Athons kicked there buts. 4ghz is nice granted, but so is AMD at 3ghz or more. Im getting ready to get a 9500 Phenom for myself and will OC that also.