30 gig zune

Duff Man

hey guys, its been a while, but ive been.... *shudder* computer less for a while now and i just got a new vostro 1500... :D anyway i have been looking for a mp3 player of some sort and found a zune for $99.99 new.... i know its 100 less than list price but what do you guys think? i havent had any experience with them and ive heard quite a mix of good and bad in the reviews. any thoughts?

I've had a Zune for about a year now and I like it. The Zune library software used to be a little buggy on the PC but it seems to be worked out now. I primarily use my iPod nowadays because I purchased an Alpine CDA-9883 headunit for the truck so that I can connect/control/listen to the iPod on the road, but whenever I go out of town I like to take the Zune to watch movies on since it has the larger screen.

Where are you buying one from? I'm thinking of picking up one too, but the only place I can find that still sells it for $100 is Buy.com. They only have the brown one for $100 :(.

EDIT: Sellout.Woot has Black and White for $105 with shipping. Woot has Brown for $85 with shipping. LOL the God of Electronics is asnwering me.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Its probby better to just get the first gen @ $100 or less. Cause you also get the free Zune 2.0 firmware update when it gets released.

Zune 2 adds .2" to the screen, but idk if they changed the resolution or not. 80GB hd if you need more than 30gb.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Im going the way of buy.com admittedly its brown but im gonna give it a chance and if i really dont like it im gonna have to preform some sort of half baked zune painting type of project... on the downside i ordered that at like 11pm on the 20th. than i checked w00t when i woke up...