Hellgate: London demo

Crow47

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in the beta...can't say much (NDA is still active), but I think it's fun.

The demo only lets you play 2 of the 6 classes, and only maps/quests branching off the first station, so if you get a beta invite (a recent wave were sent out), take the time to register for a beta account, as you'll get "more" of the game that way. But the demo should at least give you a taste of the game.

So I was just wondering what people thought of the game? I've been in beta for a couple of months...I haven't tried the demo though. I have the CE pre-ordered, and wavering on whether I'll pay for the founder's offer (lifetime subscription for $149).

Have the beta, haven't touched it yet. Been pretty busy. I'm excited about it though. Kinda like BioShock... I didn't think much of it when I first heard about it, but as I follow it more and more, and as it gets closer to launch, I'm really digging it.

My brother's played the beta a bit, and he said it's REALLY fun, but so far pretty repetitive.

I think this is one of those games I'll just HAVE to buy. Even if I can't play it right away, it just looks like one of those quality games that's worth supporting.

Well the beta technically ends tonight (I don't think they stated a specific time...probably 12A PDT) with a character wipe. The game officially goes live on the 31st. A little while before that, those with pre-order codes will be able to play using the beta clients, and those characters WILL carry over to retail. FSS is doing this because they realize many people that pre-ordered may not get their physical copies of the game on day one, and because they're having a special Halloween event, they want everyone to be able to play. So people will be able to use the pre-order codes for about a week before they have to actually enter the retail code. If you play using the pre-order codes though, it probably means you'll be without cinematics, as the beta client doesn't have those.

EDIT:

Noooooooooooooooo!

Thank you for your participation in Hellgate: London beta. At this time the servers and forums are closed until our Halloween Launch.

:(

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry about the dead thread revival, but is this game worth the $50? :blink:

No. They didn't fix any of the big bugs in the beta. Just check out the abysmal reviews. :(

EA killed yet another game.