Sign in to follow this  
neddamttocs

OSX Leopard

Hey all who have macs here

Just thought you may wanna know that apple is doing pre-orders for Leopard AKA OSX 10.5

:)

I already pre-ordered mine

I'm just going to go pick up my copy at the Apple Store either on Friday or Saturday. The iPhone credit will let me get the Family Pack for only $100 :D

I'm just going to go pick up my copy at the Apple Store either on Friday or Saturday. The iPhone credit will let me get the Family Pack for only $100 :D

i was gonna do that but then i couldn't use my educational discount (as im Canadian i dont have an iphone credit :P)

Theres an article on the O/S, not the pre-order on the Front Page :)

true, but i felt like seeing how many here besides me and kash have macs

is it only for the intel chips? i hope they do somthing new. i haven't seen a change since 10.1 came out. i do like how apple keeps the Os cheap.

The DVD comes with both PPC and Intel versions.

How have you not seen a difference since 10.1? The transition from 10.3 to 10.4 was pretty big in terms of features (granted, a lot of these changes were under the hood), and there seem to be quite a few updates with 10.5.

is it only for the intel chips? i hope they do somthing new. i haven't seen a change since 10.1 came out. i do like how apple keeps the Os cheap.

well when i get mine ill post a couple screen shots up ... maybe do a couple before and after things

I had leopard way back in mega early beta (before the new UI) so I haven't exactly gotten to experience it yet... I'm thinkin about puttin my next paycheck towards it. That or a new graphics card. I can't really decide. I don't exactly "need" leopard since all I do on my mac is type school papers and listen to music/program for unix. Leopard isn't exactly a necessity, but it sure does look purdy. :closedeyes:

Think I'll probably pop into the Apple shop on Saturday and pick it up then. So can you get an educational discount on this too then?