OSX Leopard

neddamttocs

I'm not saying that Microsoft doesn't give away free licenses, but those often aren't available to the masses like the OS X Up-to-Date program and the Family Pack.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question about leopard? All I have now is a G4 500mHz, and I know the specs for leopard is supposed to be g4 876mhz? you guys think it will work on it? And I know, I should just get a new system, and I probably will within the next year, just don't have the money to right now. What I'm thinking is that they are saying 876 jut so that they don't get complaints because everything doesn't work perfectly on older systems.

Many of the new features in Leopard are somewhat resource intensive. That 876MHz is most likely the bare minimum required for all the features to be usable. Anything less and you're looking at slow system performance, not to mention the possibility of it not even installing on your system.

I would highly recommend you stay away from spending money on upgrading that machine to Leopard. It would be best to just wait until you get a new Mac to get the new OS.

yea thats what I was figuring, just figured I'd ask. Leopard does look pretty good though from what I've seen about it....gonna have to check it out this week when my friend gets it.