OSX Leopard

neddamttocs

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah kinda bummed about only 10 dollar discount, but i haven't seen or heard of any Apple Stores in Canada ( or at least one that accepts educational discounts) so I have to order online to get my discounts.

I'm not going to pre-order this, I'm going to wait until those sweet iMacs come with it! :D

any mac after bought after Oct 1st and before the release date will get a fee upgrade to leopard :) afaik

The software itself is free, you just pay for shipping. Saving $119 out of $129 is a pretty good deal. I'd like to see Microsoft offer something like this (those free copies were for the Home Basic or Business versions, Leopard is more like Ultimate, so the MS deal isn't the same)

well since I have the family edition of leopard (cant wait for it to arrive) I guess I can pick up a mackbook pro from microcenter or something non apple so I dont feel bummed out about the almost-free upgrade to leopard and make good use of my family pack. :(

well since I have the family edition of leopard (cant wait for it to arrive) I guess I can pick up a mackbook pro from microcenter or something non apple so I dont feel bummed out about the almost-free upgrade to leopard and make good use of my family pack. :(

Why would you buy a Mac now when in six days you can get it with Leopard pre-installed?

But why waste a license when you can get a copy for free in just a few days?

so what will I do with the others? give them away for free to family members? While I understand that its worth getting the one for free, then I wont be getting what I paid for when it comes to the family pack.

The software itself is free, you just pay for shipping. Saving $119 out of $129 is a pretty good deal. I'd like to see Microsoft offer something like this (those free copies were for the Home Basic or Business versions, Leopard is more like Ultimate, so the MS deal isn't the same)

Really now, do you ever think Microsoft will ever give out free copies of Ultimate? :( That would be pretty cool if they did though, but too bad I already have Ultimate. :closedeyes: