Whos played cod 4?

firky

I made it to rank 45 or 46 the other day and this is still kinda fun. My favorite setup is the 1st shotgun, deagle, 3x frags perk, sonic boom perk, and maraydon(sp) perk. Its great, cause you get the long range of nades, then you pwn up close with shotgun. If you miss your shotgun shots up close your dead though lol. I don't really care about KDR anymore when I play with this setup its just fun.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Demo does not do this game justice. I purchased this game the day it came out and it's blown me away. The Single player missions make you feel like you're watching a movie. The Multi Player is also awesome. Think Battlefield2/2142 with the stats system, only you get immediate results of your rank up. The down side to single player is it's too short, and the downside to Multi Player is the Stats are kept on your computer, and are in no way tied to an online account, so if windows dies, there goes your rank.

I had to re-install windows 2 days ago, and lost all my progression. I happened upon the MP Data and backed it up, so I only lost a little XP if any. But be careful! If you value your game, back up the files to an online folder or something.

Edited by IIxNullxII

Got this game Saturday.

My first impressions where really good. The game looked good, ran smooth, and was tons of fun to play. It saved regularly enough to avoid annoying repetition..... for the first 10 levels I guess.

Then, things all went pear shaped. Got to several bits of the game, which I just could not pass without struggling and endless repetition. Killed the game completely, to the point where I haven't been bothered to carry on.

Passed one very very boring and tedious bit, only to have about 5 minutes of play before the next equally boring/repitiative part came along and re-ruined the game.

All in all, the Single player stared off really good, just the right level of difficulty, to fun.

So I decided to jump onto the multilayer. Glad to see FFA was included (im not a team player :() And was bitterly disappointed that there was a ranking system, but even more so that most of the weapons/classes are locked.

This is just unacceptable for an FPS. The games are supposed to be Skill based and NOT based on how long you have played. I was not impressed to find that almost ever server was populated with people ranked much higher than myself and found myself continuously dieing at the hands of guns I couldn't even get. The Kill Cam was a very good feature, and showed how little skill some people had, but how easily they could kill me by simple "Spray & Pray" tactics.

The addition of Air strikes after 5 kills in a row also made it frustrating to play. Not only did I only have access to very basic weapons, but the people with the better guns, could now kill me in even more creative ways, namely by calling Cobra/Hind gunships to hover over the map. Seeing as I had no RPGs, I had little to no chance of taking the choppers down.

So, all in all, Call of Duty 4 had A LOT of potential, and originally had me thrilled. However, this appeal quickly died down. First in the single player, then in the Multilayer.

Overall, I would give COD 4 6/10.

Pros

-Good graphics / Engine. Game handles and looks very good.

-Guns feel powerful + Realistic.

Cons

-No Quick save ends in endless repetition of difficult parts.

-Ranking online. Restricts weapons and classes.

One thing that this game has made me appreciate is how GOOD Valve are at making games. Not ONCE did I get angry or frustrated with Playing ANY of there games (HL, HL:OP, HL:BS, HL2, HL2: EP1, HL2:EP2, HL2:LC, Portal) and I played ALL of them on the most difficult setting. This game really made me appreciate the effort that went into making these games not only challenging but most importantly fun! The multilayer on ALL of valves game is also second to none.

IF nothing else, COD4 made me realise how spoiled I was/am when playing a Valve game.

Realistic, I wouldn't say so. Guns are way too accurate.

I wish they did ranks like Halo 3. One rank for skill(numbers) the other rank for unlocks(military ranks). PC users didn't even get prestige mode, where you get the highest rank and get a special icon and can restart your rank.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I also got the game on release day - and havent stopped playing yet. I found the single player campaign to be short, but fulfilling and immersive. good story/good plot twists, ultra-realistic graphics, and EXCELLENT modern setting. big fun. :thumbs-up:

I've also found that my system can run all settings maxed, options on with no stutter/lag - even during large scale gunfights w/explosions. kinda makes me feel a little better as to where I stand w/computing power, considering how poorly the Crysis demo ran.

the multiplayer options are just incredible - I very strongly encourage everyone to play a "domination" game...wow. totally non-stop action. "create a class" is an awesome feature - customizability and perks galore based on an experience point/accomplishment scale. maps are large, and each one presents it's own tactical challenges and advantages. super big fun.

:thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

p.s. - I can usually be found on the "hardcore older gamers" "domination" server throughout the evening (US central time), same name as on here.

Got cod4 a couple of days ago singal player missions are awesome. Multiplayer is ok but I find it annoying that all the weapons are locked and the players with un-locked weapons have an adavantage over the new players. Also the game play seems to fast in multiplayer seems like everyone just sprints around maps shooting people by just spraying bullets every ware. Other then those things its a great game though.

To tell you the truth the one of the best and most used gun is M4, which doesn't take very long to unlock. Rank for for the M4 and use it to unlock the Red Dot. The Acog or w/e is probably the worse scope you can use on this game. Makes all your guns shoot worse. Headshots are much harder to get with the Acog.

Yea its utterly ridiculous, but I use the M4 :D. It has one of the lowest damage output and yet it can kill you before you can even pull off 2 burst shots with m16 (not including headshots).

Also get the 3x special nades perk, its rocks. Either use Stun or Flash. Stun makes that move really really slow and they can barbly aim with it. Flash is deaf and blind.