Sign in to follow this  
krazymonkey500

Overclocking difference in EVGA 8800's

So there's this great deal on 8800GTS' on ZipZoomFly HERE. I'm really anxious to pick up the card, but I noticed the new versions from EVGA are coming with boosted overclocks. I wanted to ask here to see what kind of overclocks people are getting on the older cards compared to the news ones. I would much rather buy the older card and overclock myself if it will do so, preferably on stock cooling. Oh, and if anyone is wondering, this is the 640-P2-N827-AR model.

Edited by krazymonkey500

So there's this great deal on 8800GTS' on ZipZoomFly HERE. I'm really anxious to pick up the card, but I noticed the new versions from EVGA are coming with boosted overclocks. I wanted to ask here to see what kind of overclocks people are getting on the older cards compared to the news ones. I would much rather buy the older card and overclock myself if it will do so, preferably on stock cooling. Oh, and if anyone is wondering, this is the 640-P2-N827-AR model.

That's not the 827, that's the 821. The 827 has the highest stock OC and a special hsf. I'm getting myself an 837, which is the same thing but in GTX :)

Sorry, I must have copied the wrong one, I had multiple tabs going when I posted this. I may just be holding out for the next generation of cards. Aren't they supposed to be coming pretty soon here?

If by soon you mean next quarter <_ depends on how long you willing to wait i guess but don expect them by the holidays.>