Overclocking my Q6600 leads to reboot no matter what

LaxInThe303

OK. I'm back. So I've been running like day to day operations fine at 2.84ghz. My idle CPU temperature is anywhere from 21-23c, my temperature at load can be up to 39c depending on how long I have been running at load for and how many cores I am taxing (I play a game that uses all 4 cores and it can process for a bit sometimes), but usually I am under 39c, which is a pretty decent temperature.

My question is:

The thing will sometimes hardfreeze at idle, when I know I am under 25c. If it's not temperature, what could be causing my freeze? Can HD temperatures cause a computer to freeze? I have two 10,000rpm hard drives stacked next to each other and they feel very warm, without a box fan blowing on them, they get HOT to the touch. Could this be causing freezes if I am writing to them continously at idle? IE like 10-50gigs overnight at 200KB/sec overnight?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesn't your case have a fan mounting for the harddrive cage? my case has fan mounts for THREE 92mm fans, which keeps up to 8 harddrives cool... I've ran 7 before, 4 sata and 3 ide...

it's always a good idea to keep your harddrives cool with at least one fan, but I don't think that's the cause of the "hardfreeze at idle"