cpu cooler

get_saif

hi , its been long time i have posted , well this regarding cpu cooler.

i have overclocked e2140 to 3ghz and odd. now there is heat which i am wooried of, and planning to buy a cpu cooler.

i am confused over so many brands and products around. and this would be my first cooler purchase , hence not aware of minute things .

a little help need in this area to choose the best cooler and in budget mode :O)

and one more thing. i would be upgrading in near future to quad, hence require a cooler which supports both dual and quad. mobo socket 775.

i was looking at asus Silent Knight II CPU cooler, and in some other forum , they suggested me Ultima90 with Panaflo 120x38 85cfm fan.

http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/displ...mp;en=10#600627

so i am not sure at all what to get , and with a little future proofing :O).

my budget would be around $ 75 approx. thats 3000 rupees in india currency!

thank you

Edited by get_saif

For that budget, I'd go with the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme. It's pretty much the best cooler out there, and well within that cost range.

i doubt i could get hold of this cooler in india. as far as i have seen zalman, coolermaster, asus etc are available here ( have heard).

so was looking in them.

If you can find a Scythe Infinity (or Mugen, as it is called in some places like Germany), that should do you good. Zalman makes some decent coolers, I dislike them though, as I have had bad luck with them. If at all possible, try to get some sort of a Thermalright cooler, they are usually the best.

If you can find a Scythe Infinity (or Mugen, as it is called in some places like Germany), that should do you good. Zalman makes some decent coolers, I dislike them though, as I have had bad luck with them. If at all possible, try to get some sort of a Thermalright cooler, they are usually the best.

ok, i will try to find thermalight cooler, but any idea about how these asus coolers are?

http://in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=16&l2=65

i heard they support both dual and quad.

highlitght few views on them as well.

thank you

hi guys,

i have done some findings.. the place where i live, there are only coolermaster products, and on top of that only 2 models are available.

those are.

1). Gemini-II ( RR-CCH-ANU1-GP ) this is the part number the guy gave me. on the main site its ( RR-CCH-ANU2-GP) i searched , didnt find difference.

2). HyperTx-2 ( RR-CCH-L9U1-GP).

after reading reviews and stuff, i think the first one is better. but its huge, almost to 1 kg, with the 2 x 120mm fans.

price for me here is around - $65 + tax.

so what u guys think. is it good? supports dual and quad.

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/produ...te=1&id=140

and one more thing i forgot to mention , that the company is offering it without the fans.

Edited by get_saif

The GeminII looks ace... and looks like it would cool your ram and power mosfets too... the HyperTx2 looks like the over-rated AC Freezer type hs/f which sucks... as long as you can fit the GeminII in your case, I'd go for that one... 120mm fans can be cheap

The GeminII looks ace... and looks like it would cool your ram and power mosfets too... the HyperTx2 looks like the over-rated AC Freezer type hs/f which sucks... as long as you can fit the GeminII in your case, I'd go for that one... 120mm fans can be cheap

ok then, will go on for gemini2, gonna fit it on striker extreme, e2140 to max its overclock on air.

when i get it and fit it, will give my views.

thanks for replying guys. will try to keep u updated.

Get_saif,

Try the Freezer Pro 7, it's tanfastic!!!!! With ASUS MoBo it can regulate the fans RPM's and still keep it very COOL !

QX6850 QUAD Extreme, ASUS Striker Extreme, 8GB Mushkin, 8800GTX, Physx Accelerator, BluRaySPD7000BD runs at about 22C to 32C so far.

Check it out and find the lowest price ~~ $ 20.00 bucks.

Good luck,

TNeed4Speed