Bought my first car

SMeeD

I hope it doesnt explode. I really like these little cars for some reason. I guess Ive got a funny taste in cars because I also like the gremlin and vega... :)

Its got 28k miles on it and no rust. It originally came from New Mexico. The body is in good shape, it runs fine and all that. Being from New Mexico its got some sun damage in the interior near the front. Its all fixable though. Over the winter I may sand it down and repaint it. Its a little project for my dad and I to do. I used some bond money to pay for it but once I replenish that I would like to put something like a V6 turbo or a V8 if I can afford it. Im content with the little 4 cylinder for now.

I spent a few hours cleaning the interior but Ive still got to hit the trouble spots with something a bit more powerful than armor-all. I cant complain though, I really like this car.

pintointho9.th.jpg

pintolws7.th.jpg

pintorhl5.th.jpg

Haha that thing is pimp man. Drop a 6 cylinder in there and get some new tires / paint drop it a couple inches fix up the interior and your in good shape man!

I know where to get a dash pad and Im on the lookout for some seat covers. Im thinking about painting it black, beige or even green but it should look pretty nice regardless. :)

Thats sweet bro, Its cool you like those cars, i think they're pretty cool too.

I respect your taste, that car has a lot of personality.

Yeah its a lot different from what most people consider to be a "classic" car. You always see a lot of nice muscle cars from the same era but you hardly ever see something like a pinto. Just taking it off of the trailer today someone drove by and was like "Hey cool a pinto!" I thought that was pretty neat. I guess they are making a comeback!

W00t! Just watch those tailgaters laugh.gif

I checked and its got the recall "fix." Im sure a small piece of plastic isnt going do much of a difference though. A flaming inferno should be a good deterrent for anyone who is thinking about tailgating me. :lol:

how much did you pay for that tongue.gif

I got it for 2k. I thought that was pretty good for what shape its in. Its pretty much all original too.

Edited by SMeeD

I like old Pintos/Vegas/Gremlins too.

It's pretty easy to drop a V8 into there for cheap...though I'd stick with making it run well since it's your first car. :P

that's an awesome first car dude... pimping potential :D

the exterior looks immaculate, so just a bit of upholstery and maybe a dash switch-out and other cosmetic interior changes will make it sweet...

sticks some 19s on it lol

Ive joined a pinto forum and started reading up about V8s and V6 turbos. It looks like it will cost somewhere between 500-1k$ for either engines and all of the parts.

The exterior has a few dings and chips but nothing noticable until you start to look close. Ive got to order a dash cap and find a new headliner and seat covers. Hopefully its not hard to find something in avocado :P Sorry nrg I dont think anything bigger than 15s will fit on this :)

Dang nice ride man! Nice old car! May I ask, how old are you? I rarely see young(er) people with a taste for Oldtimers :)

Birthday: 24 Dec 1989

I'm going to guess that he's 17. :P