Unreal Tournament 3 Beta

Crow47

Okay folks, I just installed it. Played a few rounds. I just want to say if you dont see me on the forums for the next few months you know why. :thumbs-up:

Edit: Running on 7950gt KO, really nice frames, high 60's and 70's. 1680x1050 res

Edited by pogs16a2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I take back what I said about the sniper - the last server I was in must have just been laggy. Tried it again and although its a bit difficult it is not nearly as bad as I thought. Even got a few headshots in :D

Ok broke myself away from the main rig for a few minutes so I can type this without wantign to play. While the support for XP x64 was horrid at first they have released a launcher fix for thoes running XP x64 aka Server 2003 x64 to run the game. I'll post a link to that once I get back over to the main rig. I've also got to say that it runs VERY smooth for the detail level @ 1680x1050, though I'm not "blown away" after a few minutes of play. I'll have to play it some more and on a few differnt servers before I can come close to making a judgement about the game. Then again this is not only a demo but a beta demo so who knows what extra system crushing options we could get in the full version :)

UT3Demo-XP64-2K3 Fix

Edited by cchalogamer

I get about 10-25 FPS regardless of settings, and Shangri La isn't even close to playable. Suppose that's what I get for running a four year old CPU. :lol:

The gameplay is intriguing though, seems like Epic's done a good job of recreating the classic UT feel in a new engine. Can't wait to try it out with playable FPS on the MacBook.