Can i Overclock DDR2 Memory from 667 mhz to 1066

Betimi.g

i want to overclock hard my computer but i have a problem my memory is ddr2 dual channel 667 mhz and i cant overclock more than 833 mhz

My Config of pc is core 2 duo e6550 2x 512 MB ddr2 memory 667 mhz pqi asus motherboard p5b and graphic card ati radeon x550 the cpu multipier is 7x333=2330 mhz when i overclock 7x400=2800 Mhz the ram Memory 1:1 goes at 800 mhz but when i increase the 7x415 and more the computer hangs up biippp :D

just a quick question what is a memory divider and where can i get one?

ROFL new quote....

its not some"thing" you can buy lol. its a setting in your bios that will allow the ram to run "out of sync" for overclocking reasons....lol

ROFL new quote....

its not some"thing" you can buy lol. its a setting in your bios that will allow the ram to run "out of sync" for overclocking reasons....lol

im honored to be in your sig i cant find the option my mobo is listed in my sig

SOME 667 ram is easily capable of high speeds (see my signature 5-4-4-14 @ 1050+) :) Though that's only because it's literally the same thing as the higher rated Ballistix and all thoes other Micron D9 based sticks.

Now as for PQI ram ever getting close....not a chance in hell. PQI is budget ram with budget quality, that fact your got to over 800mhz is somewhat amazing. My PQI will go from 667 @ 4-4-4-12 to around 810 @ 5-5-5-14 They may slap "Turbo" on it and call it overclocking ram, but no, not even close (but it was cheap as hell back when I bought mine :))

Best thing you can dois liek everyone says, runa diveder, andif your board's bios islayed out like my P5B-E then you'll jsut need to setthe ram speed lower to achieve the desired result, just hopefully you have options low enough to to get the FSB up to the CPU's max speed.