Extremely high Intel Q6600 temps. PLEASE HELP

mikawber

Do you have the fan set to 100% in the BIOS? If not it is using the fan speed parameters that are stock. Meaning that your temps will be higher unless you disable the fan speed control in BIOS so the fan runs at 100% all the time. 1900 rpm is to slow so I think you really need to look at the fan speed controls in BIOS. I believe the TJunction on Quads is 100 Celsius not the 85 Celsius that the Core 2's have. So you are not in danger yet.

I finally got time to take a look at my computer. I took everything out, cleaned off the heat sink and cpu, added a little Arctic Silver 5, put the heat sink on and made sure it was completely connected. With everything now up and running my BIOS reads the temps at 35 (cpu fan at 860 RPM), Easy Tune 5 (came with mb) reads the temperature from 25-30, Core Temp Beta and Speed Fan beta read the cores around 37, 39, 39, 40. I installed some Windows Updates and they rose to about 50 but nothing higher than that. Should I be happy with these results now or is it still too high?

Thanks

**All temps are in Celsius