Mac

suchuwato

I hate useless error messages.

Didnt the mac vs pc commercials say something about not having a cryptic error message? I would take cryptic over useless any day :P

I use macs every day in school, they arent bad but I still like the cozy familiarity of windows.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did get a laugh out of the Christmas present thing they had. PC wanted a C++ GUI Programming Manual, and Mac gave him a photoalbum he made. "Wow, you must have put a lot of work into this." "No, it was simple."

Talk about specified marketing.

yeah, mac's are definitely for the user-friendly crowd.

Nothing wrong with that I guess. But over the top user-friendliness somehow makes me feel stupider than those times when I am completely lost in a non user-friendly environment.

User friendliness? I had a three hour lecture on Final Cut Pro today... spent ages looking around the **** interface for stuff that, in the end I realized simply wasn't there.

I got a macbook about 3 months ago. I like it! There, I said it! I like it. I also like windows(for the most part) and I spend a lot of time in linux, which I very much enjoy. They all, the OSes, have good and bad points. I get tired of anyone trying to convince me that whatever they think is best, is what I should think is the best too. Mac fanatics are the most prevalent, but I hear the same stuff from windows people and linux people.

I got a macbook about 3 months ago. I like it! There, I said it! I like it. I also like windows(for the most part) and I spend a lot of time in linux, which I very much enjoy. They all, the OSes, have good and bad points. I get tired of anyone trying to convince me that whatever they think is best, is what I should think is the best too. Mac fanatics are the most prevalent, but I hear the same stuff from windows people and linux people.

Get this man a Bawls Cookie, he just said the smartest thing in this section (though that's not saying a lot :P).

I can understand why people on this board don't like Macs. You can't tinker with them. It's a sealed box that you use and replace every couple of years. No overclocking, upgrading, or tweaking involved, at least not to the level offered by Windows and Linux machines.

However, some people get to an age where they don't want to tinker with motherboard settings and secure their operating system. An age where you just want to sit down and use a computer without having to worry about troubleshooting hardware or security breaches in the form of spyware/viruses. I find that while messing around elbow deep in my computer was fun when I was younger, I'm at an age where I just want stuff to work. I just don't have the drive to open up my case and dig around anymore.

After trying Vista and seeing nothing compelling about it, I turned my eyes to Macs and found what I was looking for, a low maintenance, very productive computer. I find myself using my Macbook most of the time, while only using my PC for things like storage and watching movies/TV shows.

So hate the Mac all you want, that's your prerogative. But don't discount it as an important tool that millions of people use everyday.

Hmm

I don't hate the Mac itself ... just Apple's disgusting way at forcing consumers to use iTunes with their iPods etc ...

:withstupid:

I wouldn't mind it if their software was the best you could get, but it really isn't.

I'd rather use Vegas, Cinelerra or Smoke than Final Cut Pro; I'd rather use After Effects than Motion or Color; iTunes is rubbish and crashes loads; the iWork and iLife software is made for 5-year olds; everyone I know uses Office (which, obviously is a Microsoft product)... and I could go on all day :lol: