Sign in to follow this  
djb5k

Explorer.exe Hates Me!

I just upgraded to My computer to XP1800, ECS kS75A Pro, Geforce2 Mx 440. My first boot and several after were fine, With the exeption my boot up screen whining about some missing drivers for my soundcard, But everything still worked.

Im using my old sound card from when i built it in 99', a sound blaster live value.

So I reinstalled all the drivers for the soundcard and reboot and explorer crashes before windows can do anything, so I'm stuck looking at my wallpaper and thats it.

I disabled the onboard sound in th BIOS and evrything else seems fine. I tried safe mode and explorer crashes right off in that too. And now I'm out of ideas, any help would be greatly appriciated.

Runnin windows98 too.

The Ice cream was good, but I passed on the reformatting and just reinstalled windows. Hows that Rule work with your 3 hd's?

well i have one 40gb 7200 maxtor, i put my OS on that, and then i install any utilities that run in the background on that also. the 2 80gb 7200 8mb cache WD's are set in raid-0, and i use them to run applications (mainly games). this way, the system and utilities can run by themselves without affecting the performance of the games significantly

as long as i keep my emergency recovery disk fairly updated, i can reformat and reinstall windows while leaving the raid setup alone. then i reinstall all the utilities i had, load up my registry from the ERD, and im good to go ;)

Edited by Mercury