1900GT Strange Issue

Ruisu

If I restart I get an error that looks like this:

club3dx800xl-noplug.jpg

YOU HAVE NOT CONNECTED THE POWER CABLE TO YOUR VIDEO CARD . PLEASE REFER TO THE "GETTING STARTED GUIDE" FOR PROPER HARDWARE INSTALLATION.

If I turn the computer off for 20 minutes and try again it works, like this guy.

I double checked the connection from the PSU, and even tried the supplied cable that converts the 4-pin molex to the 6-pin GPU power connector. I tried stripping down the computer to just CPU, RAM GPU. It was working great since I've had it.

Your thoughts, please.

No, it will probably only make matters worse. I think I found the culprit. And it's not entirely your PSU, but more so your CPU, as afaik you only recently overclocked it? The OCed CPU will take a lot more power from the PSU, so now when you use both, the PSU struggles with both.

I've been OCing the CPU since day 1. I thought that might be a problem to, and defaulted the BIOS, even going so far as to drain the mobo capacitors...but the same problem remains @ stock or OC. I have been messing with ATI tool, but nothing crazy.

Right now, everything is OCed again and I'm playing World in Conflict, and it's running smoothly...but I know what is going to happen if I restart.

Weird.... I know this sounds stupid, but did you double and triple check your connections`?

my 9800pro back in the day did this, the +12v (yellow) wire's pin was expanded to the point that it was only contacting intermitently. but this was with a molex, havent studied the inside of a pci-e power connector so im not sure if they even look the same on the inside.