cpu temp's

The_Gamer

Hi im new to this so bear with me .Ive got and intel e6600 core 2 duo processor, which is a 2.4ghz.Now im overclocking to 3.0ghz and the temp of my cpu is running at 37 degrees,just wondering if this is too hot? And wat the maximum temp should be for the cpu?

max i would go with stock cooling is 60 to 65c. is 37 your load temp or idle also if your going to start ocing i would check out a couple of programs to make sure your running stable like prime 95, orhtos i would also download cpu-z and everest also get a intel program call tat its for temp monitoring.

max i would go with stock cooling is 60 to 65c. is 37 your load temp or idle also if your going to start ocing i would check out a couple of programs to make sure your running stable like prime 95, orhtos i would also download cpu-z and everest also get a intel program call tat its for temp monitoring.

Hi again thanks for the help.37 degrees is my idle temp is this ok ive been told that if its below 60 its ok?

Can you just clarify the programmes which i should download for monitoring.

Thanks again James

I use Speedfan for my AMD system.

I have used this programme but have found it can be quite un-accurate.E.G. intel thermal analysis tool is saying that my cpu is running at 30 degrees when speedfan telling me its running at 37 degrees,which is quite a diff.Any others????????

Hi again thanks for the help.37 degrees is my idle temp is this ok ive been told that if its below 60 its ok?

Can you just clarify the programmes which i should download for monitoring.

Thanks again James

also now ive downloaded intel tat its telling me that my cpu is running at 30 degrees idle instead speedfan telling me 37 degrees idle.Which one have you found to be more reliable?????

Thanks .

Intel has admitted that TAT was NOT designed to properly function with Core 2 CPUs. With that in mind Core Temp was and with the exception of some past bugs and errors seems to be one of the best temp monitoring apps out atm. Feel free to read up and learn about the different ways apps are checking temps.

Also while TAT may not be great for some thing it DOES kick . when it come to maxing out the CPU's load temp. You'll consistantly get higher temps using it's load functions than you will see with any other app which uses 100% CPU load. (I've hit 80C in it while "only" running ~60C 5 mins later encoding a movie and archiving data on one system (easy 100% load just not a "FULL" load like the intel test)) It also alows you to play with throttling on the fly and a few other nifty toys that might be of use depending on your methods.

Good luck with your OC and just be careful with your temps.