OCC Reviews the Logitech Harmony 890 Pro Remote Control

kingdingeling

If you're looking for a remote like this but don't want to spend that much money, you should absolutely check out the Logitech Harmony 520. I got mine for $40 from Sears (ordered online, picked up in store, found on DailyTech's Daily Hot Deals). I've seen it for that price a few times since too.

It's not as fancy, but honestly I actually like the shape better, and the price is definitely right. It's the perfect HTPC remote, but it's also versatile enough to replace my other four remotes as well.

"Honey, where is the remote for the cable box? I have the TV, sound, and DVD remotes, just no TV!" How familiar does that sound in your household? It's an everyday occurence in mine. There is always one of four missing. Whether the kids misplaced it or the dog hid it under the couch, it still comes up missing.

I have a remote for my TV missing now for about 2 years...

If you're looking for a remote like this but don't want to spend that much money, you should absolutely check out the Logitech Harmony 520. I got mine for $40 from Sears (ordered online, picked up in store, found on DailyTech's Daily Hot Deals). I've seen it for that price a few times since too.

It's not as fancy, but honestly I actually like the shape better, and the price is definitely right. It's the perfect HTPC remote, but it's also versatile enough to replace my other four remotes as well.

I have the Xbox 360 version of the Harmony 550 (same design as the 520) and I'll agree that I much rather prefer this shape than to the more expensive Harmony remotes.

I also wanted to point out how incredibly easy it is to configure these remotes to work with all of the devices in your home entertainment system.