Aronis true image 10

gbp007

I made a backup image of a HP computer that has XP installed and i wanted to know if could image an older computer that has windows ME installed and replace it with the XP image from the HP computer ? The computer that has windows ME is a compaq presario 5000T..

Does the XP image i made only work for that specific computer from where i made the image from or can i image other computers also ?

Also when i was making the xp image i have 3 choices to check which were drive c, drive d and something called mbr..should i choose them all ?

So let me get this right , you can only image the same computer where you made the image from and it has to be from the same manufacturer ? How about this ,can you make an xp image from a newer hp computer to another hp computer that is 3 years older which has xp built in ?

The image will only work successfully on pcs that use the same exact hardware. The reason being is that windows will operate on the hardware it was installed to, change the motherboard for example, and you will get a blue screen during the splash screen. However if run a windows repair then you will have no issue. Essentially by taking a image from one pc and placing it on another you will run in to a blue screen unless you do a windows repair. So pretty much the image for that pc you make will only work on that pc. Even if you did, you will most likely go against EULA.

The image will only work successfully on pcs that use the same exact hardware. The reason being is that windows will operate on the hardware it was installed to, change the motherboard for example, and you will get a blue screen during the splash screen. However if run a windows repair then you will have no issue. Essentially by taking a image from one pc and placing it on another you will run in to a blue screen unless you do a windows repair. So pretty much the image for that pc you make will only work on that pc. Even if you did, you will most likely go against EULA.
Thank you very much for explaing this to me..Luckily i held on doing it after i read this..i imagine my pc would had corrupted the hard drive therefore making it unusable if i had put an pc image on a different manufacture pc.....