Its that a good temperature for my PC

Betimi.g

Hello i have intel core 2 duo e6550 with ASUS V-NARDO with 4 heat pipes Cooler and i put on the motherboard on intel p985 a fan and now the temps are good the PC its not overclocked the CPU TEMP average is 45-46 C when work 100% the temps go to 55 C the motherboard temps are 35 maximum 40 i have one chasis fan but im planning to buy TWO small fans for chasis one in front and one in rear and one fan for ram memory and northbridge chipset and im planning to TUNNING(OVERCLOCKING) my pc soon because the MOTHERBOARD have this features because its an P5B Asus Motherboard its that a good idea to cool my pc with that fans im waiting for your replies im sorry for the language but remember im from Albanian with respect betimi

P.S Remember my Cooling its not with water or anything its only with AIR because in my country i cant find water cooling to buy

55C looks a little high for a stock CPU with aftermarket cooling. Running your machine at 55C is well within the recommended temp range but I dont see you overclocking too far on that cooler.

55C looks a little high for a stock CPU with aftermarket cooling. Running your machine at 55C is well within the recommended temp range but I dont see you overclocking too far on that cooler.

i think the bios have gus with temperature because one day when i overclock to 2.8 ghz and i run a stability test on my pc the temperature goes to 72 C i think its a problem with bios because when i put my hand on cpu cooler i dont see a high temp

Well, lets make sure you've got the basics covered first. :) Case fans are essential to good cooling (CPU and everything else). Also a good thermal paste is highly recommended (Arctic Silver 5 is the best but i really like the Ceramirque paste). Additionally, there's sometimes a thin plastic protective layer on the bottom of alot of heat sinks that needs to be removed before installation (not removing it will definitely yield higher CPU temperatures).

Well when you overclock it 500mhz, especially if you using automatic voltage, temps will rise. I wouldnt run it at 72C but if you think something is wrong with the sensor I would get a probe.

if the heatsink isn't making full contact, the transfer of heat will be minimal, so the cpu will get hot, and the heatsink will be only slightly warm...

advice: reseat the heatsink using less thermal paste (after cleaning the old stuff off)

the cooler have that paste and the cooler its not bad but i think the bios have bugs because its not normal with stock mhz 2.33 ghz the temps goes 70 when i use intel thermal analysis tool and when i stop the cpu ultizacion 100% temps goes down on 50 in one second :D

i hate asus :) technical department because they have so many problems in motherboards they dont correct that problems im waiting for a new bios because i think the sensors are working crazy :D and later i will open the chasis to take a look to CPU