How i can OVERCLOCK my COmputer

Betimi.g

Hello guys can you help , how i can overclock my computer :)my Computers spefications are these: Intel core 2 duo e6550 2.33 ghz HDD 250 GB SATA 3Gb/s Asus ATI RADEION eax 550Extreme ram memory DDR2 2x512MB PQI 667 Mhz Dual channel MOTHERBOARD ASUS P5B Basic .I overclock my computer to 2.8 Ghz with 1600 fsb mhz speed but how i can overclock more speed for example 3.2 or more

with respect Betimi

Well first thing first what temp is the computer running at under load ?, also what voltage are you given the chip ?. Normally you would increase the vcore in bios and the northbridge also a notice or two, the vcore no more than say 1.5 for a 24/7 OC, then see if you can increase your OC more, you may find that your memory may need to be more relax on timing so make sure they are at 5-5-5-15 to allow you to see what your max OC on your cpu is then work back on your memory to get that back into shape.

i give to Vcore 1.450 to north bridge i get maximum and to fsb termination and to ram i give 2.10 voltage the memory timings i set to 5-5-5-15 and i increase cpu clock from 333x7=2333 to 400x7=2.8 when i give more cpu clock fsb the system hangs up :)

If your settings are making your PC hang, then you're doing things VERY wrong.

You need to use software to test your OC. Anyone can just plug numbers into the BIOS until it doesn't boot, but where's that get you? Tons of errors, corrupted hard drives, lost data, and a LOT of headaches until you finally figure out your problem.

By running stability testing software as you OC, you can figure out if your settings are really stable or not. You should NEVER be at a point where your PC won't post because of the settings you're using.

Also, try reading the Overclocking Basics thread for some beginner info.