yayayay new toy

extol1337

some of you may remember me (i doubt it) i used to be zigen on this board.

used only a couple times to do a reformat and was stored in a closet for 3 months...

Just picked up a cheap system for $200 bux just because I knew it had an E6700 conroe in it (newegg has the 6700's for $315). Brand new.

Gonna salvage that cpu and HD and selling the rest to build a new system to my liking. I'm actually on the PC right now.

Super PI'd 1MB @ 18 seconds. That blows my mind cuz my old AXP did it in 32 seconds haha.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 2.66

Intel DG965SS

2GB DDR2 RAM - Micron PC6400

74GB WD SATA Raptor HD

Well my question is (not sure if I could even search for this info):

Is the chip I have a good stepping to be an OC'er? (havent been in the OC business since Athlon XP days...)

and no, i havent pulled of the HS to see what the batch is..

After I sell the other stuff, gonna run

Asus Striker Extreme

2GB of Gskill

and WC from danger den...

So did I get a good OC chip or did I get shafted?

Oh, and I was wondering if theres a way to turn off that auto-downclock thing to run it at 2.66 all the time....?

TIA

1111111rc2.jpg

Edited by extol1337

First, yes, we do remember our unofficial Lian Li Expert :P

As for your rig, I don't know if you can turn off the SpeedStep thing on that Intel board, as they tend to be very limited with the options in the BIOS. Most of the E6600/E6700's OC pretty well, you'll be above 3.2 in no time! As for what you want to run, I would advise against the Asus Striker Extreme, as it's horribly overpriced for the features it offers! I would either recommend the Gigabyte P35-DQ6, DFI Lanparty P35 T2R or if you want a 680i board, the DFI 680i LT.

Gigabyte P35-DQ6 - 228.99$

DFI Lanparty P35 T2R - 299.99$

DFI Lanparty N680I LT SLI-T2 - 259.99$

These boards are all better than the Striker Extreme, which costs 299$ currently.

First, yes, we do remember our unofficial Lian Li Expert :P

As for your rig, I don't know if you can turn off the SpeedStep thing on that Intel board, as they tend to be very limited with the options in the BIOS. Most of the E6600/E6700's OC pretty well, you'll be above 3.2 in no time! As for what you want to run, I would advise against the Asus Striker Extreme, as it's horribly overpriced for the features it offers! I would either recommend the Gigabyte P35-DQ6, DFI Lanparty P35 T2R or if you want a 680i board, the DFI 680i LT.

Gigabyte P35-DQ6 - 228.99$

DFI Lanparty P35 T2R - 299.99$

DFI Lanparty N680I LT SLI-T2 - 259.99$

These boards are all better than the Striker Extreme, which costs 299$ currently.

The DFI P35 seems like a very solid board.

I need a case first though. the one i got with this rig is a micro atx case lol.

Oh I won't buy anything other than Lian Li, duh!

I turned off C1E from within Everest. this board has nothing that can be changed really!

I was thinking for the water cooling I'd get a TDX block, Black Ice GTX240, Danger Den DDC-12V, 1/2" piping, Danger Den Dual 5 1/4" Bay Reservoir and 2 Sunon 120mm fans. Am I missing anything?

Edited by extol1337

yup haha. thinkin of getting the Lian Li PCA71A :P

making a window for it and stuff too :D

11-112-145-03.jpg

windows usually just look lame, rare to see a nicely done one and not just a shitload of bad cabling inside.