oldie's return

Byron

hey guys, some of you older ones might remember me, maybe not. I am now in college at Purdue and have been too poor to do any upgrades, but some of my generation of hardware has come down in price, so i can do a small upgrade finally. I'm getting rid of my 3500+ winchester and getting an extremely cheap x2 3800+ toledo :-) Anyways, i thought the least i could do is stop in and say hi.

Welcome back man! I'm due for an upgrade too, but I ditched my old winnie for a 939 opteron so I'm still single core. Depending on how the higher clocked barcelonas oc I may finally just to multicore - they seem impressive for the price! New motherboard and ram at the same time is gonna suck tho :/

Instead of getting a new mobo/ram/processor for now I just snatched another x1900xt master card for 200 bucks to run some crossfire and stay capable for a while longer for much cheaper :)

single to dual core was one of the best upgrades I ever did on 939... being able to game without an AV scan or DVD encoding stage totally killing my fps was much more of an advantage over a slight speed increase of another single core cpu:

3500 @ 2.92 (512k L2)

146 @ 3.07 (1M L2)

146 @ 3.06 (1M L2)

148 @ 3.05 (1M L2)

170 @ 2.8 (2x 1M L2)

the X2 3800s seem like one of the best 939 cpus ever...

oh yeah, wb... :P

welcome back byron... good to see another oldie back in the fold :)

don't tell me about being "too poor to upgrade".... getting married makes getting parts a rarity... i still have the same rig in my sig!! :ph34r:

don't tell me about being "too poor to upgrade".... getting married makes getting parts a rarity... i still have the same rig in my sig!! :ph34r:

Stop yer' complainin'!

* slaps kurosen with a 5.25" IDE drive * :lol:

BTW welcome back Byron! :D