Federal Prosecutor Arrested In Child . Sting

road-runner

Source

DETROIT -- A U.S. Justice Department official has been arrested on suspicion of traveling to Detroit over the weekend to have . with a minor.

John David R. Atchison, 53, an assistant U.S. attorney from the northern district of Florida, was arraigned in U.S. District Court in Detroit Monday afternoon.

An undercover officer posed as a mother offering her child to Atchison for ., according to police.

Prosecutors said Atchison flew from Pensacola, Fla., to Detroit on Sunday intending to have . with the 5-year-old girl.

He was arrested at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.

He is charged with enticement of a minor to engage in sexual activity.

According to authorities, Atchison made contact with a detective working undercover for the Macomb County Sheriff's department's.

The detective, acting as the child's mother, allegedly arranged a sexual encounter between Atchison and her 5-year-old daughter, police said.

In deposition, detectives said Atchison suggested the mother tell her daughter that "you found her a sweet boyfriend who will bring her presents."

The undercover detective expressed concern about physical injury to the 5-year-old girl as a result of the sexual activity. Detectives said Atchison responded, " I am always gentle and loving; not to worry, no damage ever, no rough stuff ever. I only like it soft and nice."

The undercover detective asked how Atchison can be certain of no injury. He responded, "Just gotta go slow and very easy. I've done it plenty," according to detectives.

Atchison, a member of the Florida bar association since 1984, lives in Gulf Breeze, Fla., near Pensacola.

He is president of the Gulf Breeze Sports Association, a youth athletics organization.

He described himself online as a family man. His wife is a science teacher at Gulf Breeze High School.

The Macomb County Sheriff's Department and the FBI were a part of the investigation.

Atchison remains in federal custody and a detention hearing will be held on Tuesday.

Reading some of that just about made me sick. :angry2:

Stick him in the electric chair, crank up the voltage and let him fry to a crisp.

Just tickle him with the volts for a while to give him a false sense of hope then ram it home.

Come on folks. I understand your disgust, and I assure you that I share it, but we don't need the overly-graphic death sentence descriptions here. I think we can all agree that whatever he gets won't be enough. Let's leave it at that.

If you don't like him, say so. Leave the torture descriptions out.

When I read that she was only 5 years old, that was just sick. I can somewhat understand the weird obsession with young teenage girls, but a child in kindergarten? That's just twisted. :wacko:

I wonder how many sick people just think this stuff when they see kids on the street. They can only catch a small percentage of the sickos ballsy enough to try and go after their fantasies, imagine how many people keep it too themselves.

Edited by SMeeD