Sign in to follow this  
WhenKittensATK

UF Student tasered at John Kerry Speech

He does. His mic time was exceeded, and as a result power to it was cut, at which point he started causing troubles.

And nvidia, you don't throw someone riled up like that out the door and expect them to just decide "Oh, I'm not wanted there, the fact that I was being forcefully removed after causing problems wasn't clear enough."

the kid should have stopped when his time was up, but kerry DID say he would answer all of his questions. kerry obviously didnt want a scene going down on his speech. thats the only problem i have on the cop's side. i dont think the taser was necessary YET, but he WAS causing "civil unrest" by not stopping and listening when told to quit, and if charged, deserves it. im sure everyone else followed the time limit (which is there for a reason) so what makes him special enough to get extra minutes?

He does. His mic time was exceeded, and as a result power to it was cut, at which point he started causing troubles.

And nvidia, you don't throw someone riled up like that out the door and expect them to just decide "Oh, I'm not wanted there, the fact that I was being forcefully removed after causing problems wasn't clear enough."

You don't have three people pin someone riled up like that on the ground, taser him, and expect him to just decide 'Oh, I'm not wanted here' either. He wasn't causing problems. They did this because they assumed he was going to cause problems.

Why is every decision from any sort of authority based on what could/can happen? How about what did?

Premeditative action sucks. (in most cases)

Premeditative action is there for safety and has saved officers lives ;). You're running around in circles here, and I'm just following. He WAS causing problems in the way he was jumping around and making a huge fuss after the mic was cut, and has stated that he was trying to cause problems.

But perhaps the evil police beat him into saying that...

Premeditative action is there for safety and has saved officers lives ;). You're running around in circles here, and I'm just following. He WAS causing problems in the way he was jumping around and making a huge fuss after the mic was cut, and has stated that he was trying to cause problems.

But perhaps the evil police beat him into saying that...

An example of preemptive action to save a life with a taser gun.

I think the police pressured him to write out that apology letter and maybe the University as well. He went in there knowing what he was going to do and the consequences of his reaction. He put up such as show only to give up in the end.

EDIT:

Off topic, but interesting book I read in high school about an autistic boy. "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" I think it had some foul language, but its been a year since I read it so its fuzzy now.

"Christopher Boone, the autistic 15-year-old narrator of this revelatory novel, relaxes by groaning and doing math problems in his head, eats red-but not yellow or brown-foods and screams when he is touched. Strange as he may seem, other people are far more of a conundrum to him, for he lacks the intuitive "theory of mind" by which most of us sense what's going on in other people's heads. When his neighbor's poodle is killed and Christopher is falsely accused of the crime, he decides that he will take a page from Sherlock Holmes (one of his favorite characters) and track down the killer. As the mystery leads him to the secrets of his parents' broken marriage and then into an odyssey to find his place in the world, he must fall back on deductive logic to navigate the emotional complexities of a social world that remains a closed book to him. In the hands of first-time novelist Haddon, Christopher is a fascinating case study and, above all, a sympathetic boy: not closed off, as the stereotype would have it, but too open-overwhelmed by sensations, bereft of the filters through which normal people screen their surroundings. Christopher can only make sense of the chaos of stimuli by imposing arbitrary patterns ("4 yellow cars in a row made it a Black Day, which is a day when I don't speak to anyone and sit on my own reading books and don't eat my lunch and Take No Risks"). His literal-minded observations make for a kind of poetic sensibility and a poignant evocation of character. Though Christopher insists, "This will not be a funny book. I cannot tell jokes because I do not understand them," the novel brims with touching, ironic humor. The result is an eye-opening work in a unique and compelling literary voice."

Edited by Krazyxazn

So I'm not accused of speaking out of my ., I've been diagnosed with Aspergers (though I doubt its accuracy), and know autistic students. And that would be an example when someone is tased to save their life. Some autistic people, especially larger ones, can become extremely violent and dangerous depending on their level of functionality.

And then there are those that think "Autism, retard, can't be controlled." They're a different thing entirely.

I think the police pressured him to write out that apology letter and maybe the University as well.

You can think that but it's obvious that you're deluding yourself.

He went in there with the mission to cause problems. He bit off more than he could chew. The end.

Why does one person have to be right? Can't they all have been doing something wrong, like tazing the guy, the guy opening his mouth...