Comprehensive Air Cooling Roundup

road-runner

Finally. A recent, comprehensive review of popular heatsinks. :) Most of the big reviews are old or don't include the most popular heatsinks. Most other reviews only bother comparing to the stock HSF. At least this has some consistency so people can compare performance instead of differences in testing methodology.

Nice link! My next upgrade will demote my XP-90 to my backup rig, while my main gets a new modern cooler - this helps :)

Hmm... anyone here use an Ultra ChillTEC? http://techgage.com/article/ultra_chilltec_cpu_cooler/

Looks a bit stupid to me :lol:

To run off a simple main PSU powered jumper like that I'm guessing it is an 80watt pelt at most - just about useless for any modern overclocked CPU or GPU.

stock speed & volts? lame lol...

good effort... half a set of results though

AGREED

Yeah, but as long as they use the same CPU and settings with all the heatsinks, the data is still useful.
Yes, but those that only show stock voltages do not give any light on how well the heatsink handles higher than stock loads...

I've seen reviews where the heatsink is the best at stock voltages and Mhz but then that design cannot cope with higher loads causing a role reversal. (IE. worst cooling of the set)

A lot of the times the better heatsinks don't shine until they are pushed to there limits...

Edited by Andrewr05