Direct X 10 for XP?

alleyezonme3

DX10 is dead and gone.

by the time there is ANYTHING to use it... it won't be the cutting edge standard. rumors are the next gen cards are already going to be DX10.1

UF>>> go out side and play.... you get the idea.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but if it is only supported by about the crappiest OS that ever existed (besides Windows ME), and the modern DX10 cards only get like 20 fps in DX10 demos, then why bother?!

<_<

Try using Vista then post again. I've been running it for a while on all of my computers and I have yet to encounter a single problem. If that's your definition of crappy then I'd like to see whatever OS you run...not to mention the fact that my video card is faster in Vista than in XP...

Please, please think before you post. When you have no experience with something and all you do is post hearsay it gets slightly annoying.

EDIT: I get 45-50 fps in Lost Planet DX10 mode with everything on high at 1920x1080...

<_<

Try using Vista then post again. I've been running it for a while on all of my computers and I have yet to encounter a single problem. If that's your definition of crappy then I'd like to see whatever OS you run...not to mention the fact that my video card is faster in Vista than in XP...

Please, please think before you post. When you have no experience with something and all you do is post hearsay it gets slightly annoying.

EDIT: I get 45-50 fps in Lost Planet DX10 mode with everything on high at 1920x1080...

I have used Vista and it sucks balls. ;)

I have used Vista and it sucks balls. ;)

:withstupid:

Compared to XP Pro (what I run), I had massive driver problems, and some of my older apps which I like to use (e.g. older games) don't work in Vista. Other than that, it's just takes too many of my resources! Ohh, and Linux SMP folding is basically impossible to set up, let alone run!

I had massive driver problems, and some of my older apps which I like to use (e.g. older games) don't work in Vista. Other than that, it's just takes too many of my resources! Ohh, and Linux SMP folding is basically impossible to set up, let alone run!

Drivers aren't Microsoft's responsibility. New(ish) hardware is supported very well and only very old devices aren't supported (IE: the company that makes them sucks at making drivers).

Older apps are also not MS's responsibility.

Personally I'd like Vista to use as much of the available memory as possible until I need it, which is exactly what it does.

Linux folding != Vista. Complaining about running something like that doesn't even make sense...

Posts like yours are the ones that make people say "Vista sucks" without ever touching it.

Posts like yours are the ones that make people say "Vista sucks" without ever touching it.

That's because it does suck. :P Think about it this way: Kias are absolute garbage. They're poorly made, unreliable, unsafe, and downright ugly. But people still buy them. Vista is a Kia, and you're one of those people. ;)

And while I'm thinking about it, you're also the guy that got into pages-long arguments with coolcat... :rolleyes:

They're poorly made, unreliable, unsafe, and downright ugly. But people still buy them. Vista is a Kia, and you're one of those people. ;)

Poorly made? Nope. Provide evidence for this claim.

Unreliable? I've yet to have a single crash.

Unsafe? Vista is safer than ANY other operating system right now. See: http://blogs.csoonline.com/windows_vista_6...rability_report

Ugly? Yeah, you're on some serious drugs.

Seriously, if you are going to attempt an argument you could at least pretend to post up something useful to back up your position.

That's because it does suck. :P Think about it this way: Kias are absolute garbage. They're poorly made, unreliable, unsafe, and downright ugly. But people still buy them. Vista is a Kia, and you're one of those people. ;)

And while I'm thinking about it, you're also the guy that got into pages-long arguments with coolcat... :rolleyes:

Oh no he d'int! :lol: (aka "oh snap!")