All In One 8800GTX

LightningJR

Ok if the pa120.2 can match the swiftech mcr320 then i'll get the 320, it's half the price that the 120.2 is. Ok replace the Magicool 360 Triple Rad with Swiftech's MCR320 and the price comes to $154.56

Parts=

Swiftech MCR320 Quiet Power Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded

D-TEK Customs Fuzion GFX GPU Water Block

D-TEK Customs 1/2IN G1/4 Chrome High Flow Barb Fittings (Pair)

Pts Petra DDCT-01S Custom Delrin DDC Pump Top with 1/2IN D-TEK Barbs Compatible with DDC or DDC-2

Pts Petra PT_NUKE Concentrated Biocide Water Additive for Water COOLING(10ML)

Masterkleer Pvc Tubing 7/16IN ID 5/9IN OD 10 Feet

Yate Loon D12SL-12 120MM Quiet Cooling Fan 1350RPM 47CFM 28DB 3PIN & 4PIN Sleeve Bearing

Danger Den Adjustable White Hose Clamps for 1/2IN Tubing (2 Pack)

Edited by LightningJR

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok if the pa120.2 can match the swiftech mcr320 then i'll get the 320, it's half the price that the 120.2 is. Ok replace the Magicool 360 Triple Rad with Swiftech's MCR320 and the price comes to $154.56

Parts=

Swiftech MCR320 Quiet Power Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded

D-TEK Customs Fuzion GFX GPU Water Block

D-TEK Customs 1/2IN G1/4 Chrome High Flow Barb Fittings (Pair)

Pts Petra DDCT-01S Custom Delrin DDC Pump Top with 1/2IN D-TEK Barbs Compatible with DDC or DDC-2

Pts Petra PT_NUKE Concentrated Biocide Water Additive for Water COOLING(10ML)

Masterkleer Pvc Tubing 7/16IN ID 5/9IN OD 10 Feet

Yate Loon D12SL-12 120MM Quiet Cooling Fan 1350RPM 47CFM 28DB 3PIN & 4PIN Sleeve Bearing

Danger Den Adjustable White Hose Clamps for 1/2IN Tubing (2 Pack)

And you're still buying half of a pump. :glare:

EDIT: The PA120.2 matches the performance of the MCR320 if you're using high-speed, high-CFM fans. The D12SL is neither. With quiet fans, the PA series will blow everything else out of the water.

Edited by Bleeble

Canada Computers don't have specs but they have best prices. So when I'm looking for specs I check NCIX.

Swiftech MCP665 1200LPH

Pts Petra DDCT-01S Custom Delrin DDC Pump Top with 1/2IN D-TEK Barbs Compatible with DDC or DDC-2 933.5LPH

NCIX didn't say the LPH for the Laing. I'll check on their site. Yeah I messed up the clamps. The Laing also is 3/8" not 1/2".

It doesn't even say on their web site what LPH is for the Laing???

Lol I also had that posted before you told me about the pump. But wouldn't that be a decent pump? 933.5LPH is pretty good. If it was 600LPH it would be half the pump. It's like a bit more than 2/3 of a pump ;)

EDIT: Bah so the thermochill are the best yes I get it. But I'm trying to cut some costs and I know you said it's not good with WC to do that but you have to admit that it's not the most horrible setup. Shouldn't it be fine for a GPU ONLY cooling setup?? Maybe down the road when I want to cool the CPU and/or other parts I will upgrade the parts I need to then.?

Edited by LightningJR

Swiftech isn't bad, but Thermochill is better... Yes, a double or triple Swiftech radiator will cool your GPU, but you may find yourself wishing you had purchased a Thermochill down the road.

The Laing DDC with Petra's top is an awesome pump. That's what I use in my watercooling loop. When I said "half a pump" I meant that you're buying the top only. You didn't get the actual pump. And when you add Petra's top to the Laing DDC, you get 1/2" barbs with it. The MCP655 (aka Laing D5) isn't a bad pump, but the DDC is much better. Especially if you add a modified top like Petra's. 1200 LPH is grossly over-exaggerated. If you want to see what the real specs for these pumps are, read these two links:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117215

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137484

Well then.... I only had a top..... Well I understand then.... Hmmmm well if im going to go water it's just as well to go all out. There's no mid range price it's just high price... Maybe i'll keep stock and do air on CPU. Later down the road use water when I get more $$. So tell me for future reference the best parts available. When a good full 8800GTX water block comes out i'll be using that too. One that water flows over core, ram and maybe mosfets. Know of any? I know EK does ram and core but the ram is just covered by copper plate no water flows on it.

Well then.... I only had a top..... Well I understand then.... Hmmmm well if im going to go water it's just as well to go all out. There's no mid range price it's just high price... Maybe i'll keep stock and do air on CPU. Later down the road use water when I get more $.

This is exactly what I've been saying all along. ;)

Best reasonable parts (i.e. no silver or gold :rolleyes:):

Pump: Laing DDC3.2 with Petra's DDCT-01s

Rad: Thermochill PA120.3

CPU: D-Tek Fuzion or Swiftech Storm

GPU: It depends.

I don't know about 8800 waterblocks. The most I can do is go to Petra's Tech Shop and see what looks good... I'm sure you can find your answers through google or at XtremeSystems if nobody here can tell you. But using my less than scientific methods, I like to EK blocks. D-Tek's UNI-Sink with their Fuzion GFX might fit your needs though. The Swiftech Stealth looks like a more expensive version of that.

• 2 weeks later...