All In One 8800GTX

LightningJR

I just found a review of the aquagate on a 8800GTX not impressive and loud. But I will keep looking for other options. What im looking for is small, better than stock 8800gtx cooler but not outrageous like $300 watercooling setups, affordable and not too loud. What would a low price range diy gpu watercooling setup cost me and how would it perform? Recommendations?

A decent, inexpensive watercooling system will cost you $250 for the CPU only. That's the absolute cheapest any WCer who knows what they're talking about would recommend. The WC setup in my sig cost $400 and I already had the $50 GPU block. Even if you take out the CPU block and put only a GPU block, it'll cost at least $300.

What you're asking for simply does not exist. If you want something quiet, it won't cool as well. If you want good cooling, you either have to pay for good WC setup or you have to accept something louder. Your best bet is an HR-03 Plus with a decent 92mm or 120mm fan on it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A decent, inexpensive watercooling system will cost you $250 for the CPU only. That's the absolute cheapest any WCer who knows what they're talking about would recommend. The WC setup in my sig cost $400 and I already had the $50 GPU block. Even if you take out the CPU block and put only a GPU block, it'll cost at least $300.

What you're asking for simply does not exist. If you want something quiet, it won't cool as well. If you want good cooling, you either have to pay for good WC setup or you have to accept something louder. Your best bet is an HR-03 Plus with a decent 92mm or 120mm fan on it.

:withstupid: I agree with Bleeble and that is a decent kit.

The Zalman is nowhere to be found. Im in Canada so I searched Tiger, Canada Computers, Direct Canada, NCIX and nothing. I even tried Newegg and Zipzoomfly even though they are out of my Country. Could you recommend good radiators, pumps and resivoir? I know the D-TEK Fuzion GFX is one of the best available and the best tubing is Tylex (I think that's what it's called). Fan, I know what I want. 120MM single or dual rad please. Thx fot the help.

Or is it tygon ???

bah i can't remember

Edited by LightningJR

Ok i've been searching (btw, it's Tygon ;)) do you need a reservoir? Or can you do without it?

I just made a WCK (without res) that cost $146.97CND+tax it includes a 933.5LPH pump (not the 1200LPH Swiftech monster) but 933.5 is decent. A triple rad (not cheapest rad I could get), 5ft of tygon, D-TEK gpu waterblock, 4 clamps and water additive.The only thing that's left is fans. I thinks that pretty good.

Radiator

Pump

Waterblock

Tygon

H2O Additive

Clamps

I thought it was OK.

I know res is to get extra water flowing and to see if the water is getting low but the triple rad will be enough water for it, plus it's just for gpu.

Edited by LightningJR

The Zalman is nowhere to be found. Im in Canada so I searched Tiger, Canada Computers, Direct Canada, NCIX and nothing. I even tried Newegg and Zipzoomfly even though they are out of my Country. Could you recommend good radiators, pumps and resivoir? I know the D-TEK Fuzion GFX is one of the best available and the best tubing is Tylex (I think that's what it's called). Fan, I know what I want. 120MM single or dual rad please. Thx fot the help.

Radiator: Thermochill PA160 or PA120.x

Tubing: 7/16" Masterkleer

Pump: DDC3.2 w/Petra's Top (DDCT-01s)

CPU Block: D-Tek Fuzion

GPU Block: Since you no longer seem to be interested in full-coverage blocks, Fuzion GFX and some RAMsinks.

Reservoir: None. They're a waste of money. Use a T-line.

Fans: Yate Loon D12SL, D12SM, or D12SH. They're the same as or better that what you picked and almost certainly cheaper.

Once again, if you're looking for something cheap, WC is not for you. Directron ships to Canada and they have the VF1000 for $50.

The radiator is where it gets expensive but I chose a triple fan rad for only $50. Why 7/16 tubing and what's Masterkleer? What is DDC3.2? I did not want watercooling for CPU only GPU. Nice fans. Add 3 Yate Loons, a pair of barb fittings the total comes to $162.36 with free ground shipping.

thx for the nice site

Edited by LightningJR

The radiator is where it gets expensive but I chose a triple fan rad for only $50. Why 7/16 tubing and what's Masterkleer? What is DDC3.2? I did not want watercooling for CPU only GPU. Nice fans. Add 3 Yate Loons and the total comes to $158.07 with free ground shipping.

Thermochill radiators are the absolute best you can get when it comes to PC watercooling. Sure, you have to pay a premium, but I think it's worth it. What radiator did you pick? Just so you know, a PA120.2 (that's double 120mm) can match the performance of a triple-120 rad from Swiftech (MCR320) with the same fans. The PA160 can match an MCR220. Nothing can match the PA120.3.

Masterkleer is a brand. 7/16" is the inner diameter of the tubing. It fits tighter on 1/2" barbs so it's less likely to leak. It's stiffer than ClearFlex, more flexible than Tygon, and dirt-cheap.

The Laing DDC3.2 is currently the best reasonably priced WC pump available... if you get Petra's top with it.

What parts are you buying to get a WC loop for only $160?

The parts are listed in a previous reply. Just look. Their hyperlinked.

Ok I see the Masterkleer stuff it's pvc, you sure it's better than Tygon?

Yes, well you edited those in after I posted... :rolleyes:

I just made a WCK (without res) that cost $146.97CND+tax it includes a 933.5LPH pump (not the 1200LPH Swiftech monster) but 933.5 is decent. A triple rad (not cheapest rad I could get), 5ft of tygon, D-TEK gpu waterblock, 4 clamps and water additive.The only thing that's left is fans. I thinks that pretty good.

Radiator

Pump

Waterblock

Tygon

H2O Additive

Clamps

Let me just say that, 99% of the time, you get exactly what you pay for. If you buy a dirt-cheap radiator, expect performance to match.

You're only buying half of a pump. ;) Unless you've already got the Laing DDC/DDC2/DDC3.2... $70. What Swiftech pump gets 1200LPH? And where did you get 933LPH?

The Tygon is three times as expensive for half the length. Buuut you already said you're getting Masterkleer, so no convincing needed here.

PT Nuke is a good biocide, but you'll probably want to get something that's anti-corrosion as well.

You're paying a dollar for two pieces of plastic? Those won't even fit your tubing. :rolleyes: Just go to your local hardware store and buy some worm-drive hose clamps.

So yeah, if you actually buy a pump, your total is over $220 now. :P