Sign in to follow this  
kendellrt

"play" option not there?

I have real, registered versions of FEAR and COD2, but then I go to a game server site, like ours, it does not have the "play" link available like with CS:S. Is this normal, is it just a CS:S feature?

Seriously, nobody knows if the "play" option should be there on the other games? I can put the IP in manually as a favorite in Xfire, but that is about it.

sorry man, i only have HL and SIN stuff through steam, they all have play there

i had to reinstall steam to help answer this

I wonder why it doesn't work. My Steam games show up. It is COD2 and FEAR that don't have the option. On the OCC servers it only shows up for CS:S, but not COD2. I have the server input manually.

in COD2 if i remember correctly the play button is in game on the left hand side of the screen ... i always had to input them manually in COD2 ... never actually found a way to add to favorites

The ss I have attached is an example of what I am talking about. Notice the there is a "play" option on CS:S, but not on COD2.

post-9458-1189418111_thumb.png

lol, i thought you meant in the steam menus

anyways, yeah i see that as well, most likely due to the fact the COD2 was not released onto steam until recently so it didnt make use of the steam launchers and network. Even still though its not actually using steam servers.

I didn't know those were links to steam servers. It doesn't show up on the links in the EVGA gaming section either. I assume it is the same reason. I'll just have to put the servers I like in manually like I have with the OCC ones.