Why my overclock setting keeps on reseting?

I have a motherboard Gigabyte Ga-965P-DS3 rev.3.3 and a cpu E6550 duo core which is 2.33 gig and overclocked it to 2.8gig ( x 7 multiplier, 400 mhz, 1.35 voltage setting). , did some tests and found out it worked properly. I've been using this overclocked setting of 2.8gig for couple days now, and it seems to work fine. Then yesterday when I turned on the computer to check up my cpu status, I found out that my bios setting got reset. Now, I am back to 2.33 gig. Immediately, I restarted my computer, went to bios to set the same setting again to 2.8 gig. It worked for couple of hours, then the setting got reset again. This bios resting troubleshoot has happened many times afterward. Do you guys know what happen to why my overclock setting keeps on reseting? I've checked my cpu status and everything seems fine. Temperature is 43% which is normal.

I have a motherboard Gigabyte Ga-965P-DS3 rev.3.3 and a cpu E6550 duo core which is 2.33 gig and overclocked it to 2.8gig ( x 7 multiplier, 400 mhz, 1.35 voltage setting). , did some tests and found out it worked properly. I've been using this overclocked setting of 2.8gig for couple days now, and it seems to work fine. Then yesterday when I turned on the computer to check up my cpu status, I found out that my bios setting got reset. Now, I am back to 2.33 gig. Immediately, I restarted my computer, went to bios to set the same setting again to 2.8 gig. It worked for couple of hours, then the setting got reset again. This bios resting troubleshoot has happened many times afterward. Do you guys know what happen to why my overclock setting keeps on reseting? I've checked my cpu status and everything seems fine. Temperature is 43% which is normal.

When the settings you choose are not stable settings the motherboard will load the default settings instead and boot with them.

When the settings you choose are not stable settings the motherboard will load the default settings instead and boot with them.

:withstupid: That's usually the case. Although, I'd occassionally have my settings reset with stable OCs. But it's really not hard to go in and enable CPU FSB control and change the memory multiplier... It takes a whopping 10 seconds. :rolleyes:

Knock up the vcore another in your bios, keep an eye on your temp, keep them under 60 under load if possible, no more than 65 though. As above it's more of a stability issue than error elsewhere.

Do you have a program that edits BIOS settings from the OS (like nTune)? If so, it may be loading the mobo defaults. I remember I set my memory voltages to 1.8 in the OS and my system kept crashing. I had to go into safe mode and disable the program before I could reset my BIOS without it being changed again.

kkk thanks guys, now I know my problem and I'll just have to change and mess around w/ the setting. So I should change the multiplier, huh.

Only if you want to change your clock speed ;)