10 Reasons Why Same . Marriage Should be Illegal

It is who you are, based on your experience in life so far, perhaps a lack of a role model, like a mother or father can change the qualities you look for in someone. Abuse, sexual or any other kind can have an effect on your orientation. Many factors that happen while you developed as a child can shape you into who you are today.

Hmm, I have to disagree. I have a mother, father and a sister and was raised in the normal way. My father took me hunting or fishing almost every weekend. I have never been abused. My first choices in life were women so explain that one...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also explain homosexuality in a variety of animal species. Please.

It's not something that needs explained. Some animals are born . just as some humans are. It's a done deal.

i saw that list a while back. i posted it around my school.

awww brittney, will you ever get out of the media spot light

anyway.

homosexuality. i would have to imagine you could choose that lifestyle, but i would imagine that your born that way. i would venture that most people that seem to choose homosexuality later in life, are actually just accepting it. we live in a society thats rather hostile to gays, i wouldnt want to come out of the closet in todays society. the idea that homosexuality is ok is suppressed so they may think that they are bad people (forgive me if pulling this stuff out of my bum but its just an idea/opinion) or that its wrong. i guess i want to know why anybody who is straight, would just decide one day to jump into a world that treats them unfairly, hates them, causes them harm.

who o ask. who is going to get hurt by legalizing . marriage?

and also, more power to you kb

I never meant to describe homosexuality's origin had negative roots, its just very hard to make what seems to be a plausible example, and I'm not saying all . people were abused when they were younger, its just one of those situations that can influence a decision. Hell, maybe it was some positive event, like an overly caring and loving father, or a brother close in age to you who was really close to you, life experiences are different for everyone, how we handle these experiences is what makes us unique. No one knows what each person's life was like when they were younger, or how their mind works.

I never meant to describe homosexuality's origin had negative roots, its just very hard to make what seems to be a plausible example, and I'm not saying all . people were abused when they were younger, its just one of those situations that can influence a decision. Hell, maybe it was some positive event, like an overly caring and loving father, or a brother close in age to you who was really close to you, life experiences are different for everyone, how we handle these experiences is what makes us unique. No one knows what each person's life was like when they were younger, or how their mind works.

Again you are talking about something you do not know about...

There are also a number of genetic traits that occur in . people. Traits that would otherwise be normally attributed to the opposite .. Further suggesting that some people may be genetically predisposed to homosexuality.

There are also a number of genetic traits that occur in . people. Traits that would otherwise be normally attributed to the opposite .. Further suggesting that some people may be genetically predisposed to homosexuality.
JUST A WARNING,I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT:

That got me thinking, if being homosexual runs in genes (or at least is thought to be influenced by genetics and isn't a gene malfunction) then it would make sense that either your mother on a genetic level produced more estrogen and your father produced less testosterone or both, does it not?

As I said I have no idea if that even remotely would cause homosexuality, but it seems to me that if your mother produced more estrogen than the average female and your father produced less testosterone than the average male then you've got prime genetics to being born a homosexual.

Critique it all you want, I'm not a geneticist... :mellow:

Edited by Andrewr05

Also explain homosexuality in a variety of animal species. Please.

male dogs will hump ANYTHING that slighly smells like a female in heat... people's legs, couches, stuffed animals, garbage cans, other male dogs... it don't matter to them. that smell triggers a reaction and they do it. have seen it in animals from hamsters to cattle. it's just a smell that triggers the reaction.

now as far as the "at birth" vs "choice"... I don't believe it's one or the other. perhaps a person is predisposed to it. but there's still a choice to be made. and after that point. it's thier choice. it's not my place to judge someone on what makes them happy... as long as they're not telling me I'm wrong for not choosing the same path in life or going out and hurting people.