Sign in to follow this  
Kamikaze_Badger

10 Reasons Why Same . Marriage Should be Illegal

It's funny when a 15 year old high school kid says he's mature. :lol: :lol: :lol:

[offtopic]

enough whining about the fillers. K?

[/offtopic]

On topic,

Those reasons, weather serious or some type of joke sound silly...

KB: It still has not been proven one way or the other that homosexuality begans at birth. Like I said before though it makes no sense at all to be born . when we have evolved with reproductive organs designed to use with the opposite .. Again, its a choice people make, and I could care less, homosexuals in no way degrade our society as the fundamentalist right would have us believe, in fact, many better our society, but perhaps that is because of the people they are inside, not their sexual orientation. Discrimination in any form is wrong, color, gender, creed, orientation, etc.

I have cleaned up this thread. If you guys can't stay on topic then don't post. :angry:

yup not proven

and the jokes were mildly funny at best O_o

I'm from Vermont, we're . friendly. Go Vermont.

Yes nano, I chose it years ago when I came out of the closet.

How about you decide to be . for a day? Then just decide to be straight again? Oooor, decide that only certain women will be attractive to you? Or could you explain to me homosexuality in other animals?

I look forward to the answer.

Yes nano, I chose it years ago when I came out of the closet.

How about you decide to be . for a day? Then just decide to be straight again? Oooor, decide that only certain women will be attractive to you? Or could you explain to me homosexuality in other animals?

I look forward to the answer.

hes not saying its a choice that youre suddenly presented with at one point in your life, if i understand right his view is that its caused by events in one's life.

ps.: im not taking a stance on either side because ive found that to be unwise on the internet. :P <<thats about why people are .. i am all for . marriage

anyways, i wasnt really entertained by the 10 point thingie, but it had mildly funny ones.

Perhaps choice was the wrong word, maybe I should've said decision? It is who you are, based on your experience in life so far, perhaps a lack of a role model, like a mother or father can change the qualities you look for in someone. Abuse, sexual or any other kind can have an effect on your orientation. Many factors that happen while you developed as a child can shape you into who you are today. Some negative experiences make you stronger, some can hurt. You have the strength to be open, to be yourself, and that's great. It is not as simple as making a U-Turn, or choosing to turn left or right in a split second, one cannot simply wake up one morning and decide to be . as you put it. To decide ones orientation is similar to actually deciding one's religion. It takes time, perhaps an inkling at first that something may not be right the way it is, perhaps a discomfort in some situations, or whatever applies to you. Over time you began to notice this "hint" more and more and as you think about it, and look into it, you see something that you could percieve as different inside of you, perhaps it feels wrong, but it also feels natural. Acceptance follows, accepting who you are, accepting that what you feel is not a problem, there is nothing wrong, it is simply who you are. It takes time, took me 2 years to go from Christian to Atheist and it was hard, I felt as if I was turning away from everything I knew, and many times it feels as if we are accepted even less than the homosexuals, its a hard decision to make, ones that go against the curve, but you are obviously strong enough to think for yourself and make your choices, and for that you get my respect.

"You" does not apply to anyone specific, except the last sentence, which is mostly kissing up to KB so he doesn't take offense at my ludicrous presumptions about stuff I don't know about.

I really don't think that straight people should be talking about what it's like to "realize" you are homosexual or "decide" to become homosexual. I may be wrong, but I presume it's one of those things you can never really understand until you actually experience it.

nan0, I don't know what your intent was, but your post implies that homosexuality is the negative result of bad events or situations. Setting aside my personal beliefs, I think you should be very careful how you talk about such a sensitive topic. ;)