overclocking

woppy101

I am looking for some advice at the min I am at 3.22ghz and 1.4v I am idling at 32-34c and loading at 38-40c how many more volts do u think i could put through this chip and how high should i push the load temp many thanks

I would go no more than 1.6v on air cooling, and I'd try to keep my temps under 50c at full load.

With those high-stock-clock AM2 chips, there's not a lot of headroom for overclocking. You may not be able to get a lot higher than you already are.

im on water cooling cpu only and have not got close to 50c

With water you may be able to go a bit higher. Just watch the temps. The best thing to do is go by results. A lot of times, going over 1.65v or so doesn't really give any improvements in clock speed. So test it out on yours and see if that's the case for you or not.

With water you may be able to go a bit higher. Just watch the temps. The best thing to do is go by results. A lot of times, going over 1.65v or so doesn't really give any improvements in clock speed. So test it out on yours and see if that's the case for you or not.

here is here i am at the minute but i a struggling gettng past 222x15 my board wont seem to let me go past 1.55v and i keep getting a BSOD when i push for 227x15 does anyone have any ideas

post-18481-1187895587_thumb.jpg

for some reason with this board the mutli wont change for me i will change it to say 270x12 for instance but when i save changes and restart it will go to 270x15 and BSOD i have no idea what is going on there. at the min i have it at 221x15 @1.5v i would like to get 227x 15