Program to back up to my FTP server

mantonr

I have a laptop that I take to university with me to do all my work on. I built a small FTP server which I leave at home which I backup all my important files from my laptop to once a fortnight or so.

At the moment this means me zipping up all the files that I want to backup into an archive and then using an FTP client sending them to the FTP server. This works fine and is a good enough system but I was wondering if there is a piece of software out there that could do this for me automatically.

Does anybody know of any such software?

Thanks

I have a laptop that I take to university with me to do all my work on. I built a small FTP server which I leave at home which I backup all my important files from my laptop to once a fortnight or so.

At the moment this means me zipping up all the files that I want to backup into an archive and then using an FTP client sending them to the FTP server. This works fine and is a good enough system but I was wondering if there is a piece of software out there that could do this for me automatically.

Does anybody know of any such software?

Thanks

SyncBack is what you want - it will compress the files and send them to your FTP server. It has a lot more features, but it should be what you want.