Introduction to (hopefully) a great relationship!

yshaukat

Thanks again, Bleeble. Are you a gamer or do you do this just as a performance buff? I never really got many kicks out of car-parts so I'm directing all my attention to researching PC parts - the nerd route always struck me as more appealing.

I consider myself a gamer, but I don't spend nearly as much time playing games as I used to. I really used to be hardcore though. I remember waking up, starting up a game, and playing straight through the night into the next day. And this was an everyday occurance. :lol: I've got a lot of fond memories of all the time I've wasted at 48-hour Halo parties.

For better or for worse, I seem to have lost my motivation to play games. Now I just like messing around with hardware and helping others get the most from their system/money. I couldn't tell you why I like doing it though.

From the previous posts I read on this board before registering, you're a big name on here. So, what PSU do you suggest?

Oh, and from various input I've read on Google, the ABIT IP35-E LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Mobo has some severe "double booting" problems. Is anyone familiar with this Mobo or it's reviews? Will this be a major problem or something insignificant that can be overlooked? From the price, the board seemed awesome for non-SLI overclocking and up-to-date compatibility.

I have an Enermax 1000 watt which is more than I need, I wanted it because of ATIs 2900 being power hungry and in case I wanted to run two of them in crossfire although a 750 or 850 watt would have been enough what the heck I went with the 1000.

I used the power supply list and picked the top entry. The ones Bleeble is recommending are good also. Also on the Abit P35 boards and other P35 boards from what I have read they have a terrible vdroop compared to the Gigabyte board.

Greetings experienced and not-so experienced over-clockers,

Greetings to you to. I would be the latter. Welcome to OCC. I think someone may have already said it, but check out the folding team. Its allot of fun. Also, remember, dont touch the lammas.