Forum Wars Results

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was moving clear across the country... So I'm sorry I was not able to participate even though I entered.

Congratulations to the winners, especially to jammin who seems to have gotten seriously lucky in the past couple months.

Edited by The Unforgivin

I'm with Fueler on this one. I couldn't care less about who wins and loses, but to see half our team not even participating was pretty disheartening.

I'd like to thank Jammin for doing a lot of behind the scenes work on this thing though. He headed the project up from the beginning, checked a majority of the scores, and even made all the sigs to get people excited about the games.

I hope next time more people will be able to spare the hour or two it takes to submit OC'd scores...

I'd like to thank Jammin for doing a lot of behind the scenes work on this thing though. He headed the project up from the beginning, checked a majority of the scores, and even made all the sigs to get people excited about the games.

Yeah....nice job jammin B:)

You sure got that right RR....If this is the kind of participation that can be expected from OCC members then count me out of the next competition.....I have better things to do with my time. <_<

Thanks to everybody that did take it seriously and put in the time to OC their machines B:)

Edit: The "I didn't have time" thing doesn't hold water with me....I was home a total of five days (mostly weekends) during this entire competition the rest of the time I was on the road working.

:withstupid: This was my first Forum War and my last. I do not care to be part of team that over half the people can not find two or three hours out of three weeks to participate.

I must thank jammin and the forum police - you did a great job.

However.

As late as I left it (man I'm a tard), I still managed to get some OC scores in at the end of it all - even though ATI Tray Tool was being useless and not holding my OC. I'm embarrassed at myself for how quickly it can be done, which beggars belief for the rest of you who had everything downloaded and installed.

Oh well. Maybe next year we can convince the ones who attended to play again, but if the likes of road-runner and fueler are not taking part, that concerns me a LOT. I feel sorry for the guys who feel let down - they put in a huge amount of hard work. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them switched teams to be quite honest.

I must thank jammin and the forum police - you did a great job.

However.

As late as I left it (man I'm a tard), I still managed to get some OC scores in at the end of it all - even though ATI Tray Tool was being useless and not holding my OC. I'm embarrassed at myself for how quickly it can be done, which beggars belief for the rest of you who had everything downloaded and installed.

Oh well. Maybe next year we can convince the ones who attended to play again, but if the likes of road-runner and fueler are not taking part, that concerns me a LOT. I feel sorry for the guys who feel let down - they put in a huge amount of hard work. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them switched teams to be quite honest.

Well I have no intension of changing forums, for the most part I feel this is one of the better forums and find that most of the members are very helpful and curtious when it comes to dealing with people that really don't have a clue what they are doing. On top of that the reviews section has improved to the point where it is one of the best. That said I am extremely dissapointed with the team effort that was put out in the forum wars especially from a forum that calls itself the "Overclockers Club". <_<

I think more overclocking battles are in order... OCC seems to have lost it's balls somewhat...

I guess I'm somewhat to blame... I will have the final parts for my Core2 rig tomorrow bar my watercooled DDR2-PC9200, so I'm gonna be goading a few people on here soon lol...

OCC seems to have lost it's balls somewhat...

I am not changing forums either. On a side note I have seen several post where people try to talk the original poster out of buying different components that would allow for more megahertz in overclocking because they say its a waste of money which I agree in a lot of situations it but isn't this Overclockersclub? Isn't that what it is about? Or do we just settle for stock parts and save money. Could just tell them to buy a Dell and be done with it....

Edited by road-runner

I think more overclocking battles are in order... OCC seems to have lost it's balls somewhat...

I guess I'm somewhat to blame... I will have the final parts for my Core2 rig tomorrow bar my watercooled DDR2-PC9200, so I'm gonna be goading a few people on here soon lol...

Oh hell yeah, bang it ....lets see what that sucker can do :lol:

Edit: Do you still have that "pelt" you reviewed to try on it?.....I'm starting the process of repairing my Phase Change so I would be interested to see what a pelt can do.

I am not changing forums either. On a side note I have seen several post where people try to talk the original poster out of buying different components that would allow for more megahertz in overclocking because they say its a waste of money which I agree in a lot of situations it but isn't this Overclockersclub? Isn't that what it is about? Or do we just settle for stock parts and save money. Could just tell them to buy a Dell and be done with it....

It's about the bang for your buck road, and on a side note, things like the E6600 and E6700, they both OC about the same, but the E6600 was a crapload cheaper!