Forum Wars Results

I wasn't suggesting a forum change - blasphemers!

I meant that I wouldn't be surprised if the next war saw some people represent a different team - one that has a full turnout.

Had we had a full turnout (I'm not pointing at anyone - we all have lives to deal with!), I think we would have finished higher and earned more respect. I still feel that I let everyone down, even though I submitted a final OC score. Why? Because even breaking my own previous best of 3.0GHz to get to 3.2GHz with mismatched RAM, an almost passive HSF and a toasting passive NB cooler, I didn't get the most out of my GPU, which I know very well has a LOT of potential. Sucks.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still feel that I let everyone down, even though I submitted a final OC score. Why? Because even breaking my own previous best of 3.0GHz to get to 3.2GHz with mismatched RAM, an almost passive HSF and a toasting passive NB cooler, I didn't get the most out of my GPU, which I know very well has a LOT of potential. Sucks.

Hey ....you're forgivin....at least you tried, which is more than I can say for the eleven that didn't :lol:

I think more overclocking battles are in order... OCC seems to have lost it's balls somewhat...

Indeed! Too bad I probably won't be upgrading for a good while still, I'd love to get in on some C2D challenges...

I am not changing forums either. On a side note I have seen several post where people try to talk the original poster out of buying different components that would allow for more megahertz in overclocking because they say its a waste of money which I agree in a lot of situations it but isn't this Overclockersclub? Isn't that what it is about? Or do we just settle for stock parts and save money. Could just tell them to buy a Dell and be done with it....

Yeah, that's probably me you're referring to. I do this all the time. King's example of the 6700 vs. 6600 is one of many great reasons why I do it. I see a strong contrast between real overclocking and just buying the most expensive everything.

I did enjoy tweaking some stuff for benches, and watching the other active members of the OCC teams do it too, but I don't think i will participate next year either. I think RR had the most fun. He did get new equipment at the time, also, and got to mess with it.

Yeah, that's probably me you're referring to. I do this all the time. King's example of the 6700 vs. 6600 is one of many great reasons why I do it. I see a strong contrast between real overclocking and just buying the most expensive everything.

:withstupid: :withstupid:

I did enjoy tweaking some stuff for benches, and watching the other active members of the OCC teams do it too, but I don't think i will participate next year either. I think RR had the most fun. He did get new equipment at the time, also, and got to mess with it.

Oh I had a lot of fun dont get me wrong, I was just very disappointed in the turn out for our team as already said. The contest will be different next year they are saying anyway at TRP. Crystalmark will not be included since the Quad cores ruled on it and one forum found a way to get high memory scores on it and did not reveal it until after the wars. Source

i was sorry i had to back out, i had fun last year.

the inclusion of Aquamark left me out.

it will not run on 64 bit XP.

i will have a new box by the time the next one comes around, and will build it dual boot this time.

i still do not understand why they altered the format dropping 3DMark 06 and replacing it with Aquamark.

i guess they just wanted to see some high scores...

Crystalmark is definitely on the chopping block for the next War, as it has caused too many problems previously.

Aquamark may also get the boot, but that is not as definite.

Other benchmarks may come in for the next war (3Dmark 06 for example).

I will be competing again of course, hopefully with a completely re-worked system.

Do you still have that "pelt" you reviewed to try on it?.....I'm starting the process of repairing my Phase Change so I would be interested to see what a pelt can do.

yeah, I still have the tec-block... I really can't be bothered with it though to be honest... I don't have the heart to be let down again... my trusty Storm G4 will see me right :D

also, I need the money that I can get by selling the tec-block & meanwell psu...

I think, if I had a separate closed loop for the graphics etc, I might consider tec on the cpu... I'm gonna go back to water, see how it goes, then see if I want to take it further... I like the idea of moving up in cooling and noting the characteristics of Core2 rather than leap into the start of extreme cooling and not know the whole deal...

:withstupid: This was my first Forum War and my last. I do not care to be part of team that over half the people can not find two or three hours out of three weeks to participate.

Before you make that assumption step into my shoes for awhile and live what i do. You may find that time is a valuable commodity that does not come as easily to some as to others. I'm out!