first build no post no video

rfurman24

I tried reseating everything numerous times. The standoffs are weird looking wide not the usual studs. I think I will try electrical tape over standoffs and see what happens.

I'm not saying that you did something wrong, only that the case/mobo/standoff combination might not physically let you push the cards down all the way. I've seen it before where the ends of the PCI backplates need to be bent or trimmed because the case manufacturer doesn't know how to follow ATX standards (or they have extremely poor design/quality control).

I have just put together my first from scratch build. The cpu fan, the video card fan both lights on the motherboard all come on. The hard drive sounds like it is coming on and the dvd drive will open and close and tries to spin up. I have tried reseating everything and nothing gave any problems installing. I have tried using the video card and on board video but get no output to monitor. Everything is new except monitor which is know good. I do not have a speaker to listen for beeps I need suggestions. I called Abit they assured me my components were compatible.

AMD X2 3600 Brisbane

Abit nf-m2

Thermaltake psu 500w

OCZ gold ddr2 800

EVGA 7600gt

No speaker to listen to beeps, there should be one on the motherboard if not you can get one of thoes hex post cards